Hero Spotlight: Jin Lei [Updated]

Comments

• Won't affect Valkins follow me or epic.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• And the money kept rolling in from every side
    BF’s pretty hands reached out and they reached wide
    Now you may feel it should have been a voluntary cause
    But that's not the point my friends

When the money keeps rolling in you don't ask how
    Think of all the people guaranteed a good time now
    DB’s called the hungry to her, open up the doors
    Never been a game like Dungeon Boss before
  • li30li30 Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Jin Lei now gets a passive called "Approaching Storm" after being ascended twice. This passive silences all enemies until Jin Lei's first turn or until the end of the first round (whichever comes first). This particular round of silence ignores immunities to debuffs

@Joel
    Is this silence mechanic apply to selwyn ice block, Agnon graniteform and lily oak form ?
  • What is up with more and more characters that debuff the enemy team instantly. Brom sets all enemies to 75% of their max Health, Jin Lei silences all enemies, and Ferno reduces damage dealt by every non flyer. At least Ferno debuffs his own team. All we need now is a beast that drains 1 energy from the entire enemy team. I hope he doesn’t have to high of health and defense since he will have a high dodge chance being a honorbound hero.
  • @JonahDennis You're thinking of Assassins, not Honorbound. HB Just gives reduced AOE and an extra round of buffs, not any dodge chance. I get the two mixed up a lot, and couldve sworn Sifu was HB, not an assassin.
  • Scroom407Scroom407 Member
    edited November 15
    To answer some people's questions, our guild ran some tests. I'm not sure if any of this is intentional, so maybe this is a bug post, but this appears to be how his silence and other mechanics work.
    1. Dagrund can cleanse this silence.
    2. "Forms" (Granite, Oak, Ice) are immune to this silence
    3. "Ride the Lightening" basic attacks seem to trigger Dead Eye's Righteous Follower passive
  • What is up with more and more characters that debuff the enemy team instantly. Brom sets all enemies to 75% of their max Health, Jin Lei silences all enemies, and Ferno reduces damage dealt by every non flyer. At least Ferno debuffs his own team. All we need now is a beast that drains 1 energy from the entire enemy team. I hope he doesn’t have to high of health and defense since he will have a high dodge chance being a honorbound hero.

When I first started playing the PvP meta included Bovus and Ekko. Bovus' stampede took away energy, and Ekko protected the team's energy (which he still does). When they changes Bovus' stamopeded to slow enemies rather than reduce energy he became a lesser version of Grog-Gnog (though Grog wasn't around at the time), and Ekko became redundant.

This silence (enemies only) will change the Meta again, and players will either need to ride out the storm or figure out how to remove the silence quickly. It'll be hard to PvP defend against anything.

I think this is too powerful as it negates all fast heroes first abilities, the major benefit of energy runes, and any normal speed heroes who don't come after Dagrund.

We may start to see a lot more slow heroes being used in PvP so they can attack after Jin Lei.

I suspect we'll see a cleanse or other anti-silence rune appear soon.

• Barleyman wrote: »
    I suspect we'll see a cleanse or other anti-silence rune appear soon.

You could fit everyone with a cleansing regen rune.
  • @Joel, will we get another free rune un-equip for this event as well?
  • This pay model at least I can deal with. I think it's a little expensive but it's a single purchase, it gives a number of things for a not absolutely unreasonable price and it potentially helps the whole guild (though I think enough people are so pissed that they won't be buying it anytime soon)
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    This pay model at least I can deal with. I think it's a little expensive but it's a single purchase, it gives a number of things for a not absolutely unreasonable price and it potentially helps the whole guild (though I think enough people are so pissed that they won't be buying it anytime soon)

But you will pay for a hero that will useless and obsolete within a month when a counter hero is out. I like the silence all thing and with that Balog is now useless lol
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Will his tokens be available in the Aether shop?

Why is everyone lol’ing this comment?
  • @PsychedelicFox I wouldn't say Balog is useless at all. His silence was nice but he still can silence on basic attacks, he boosts barbarian damage like crazy, and I cant tell you how many times his 3rd move has wiped my team.
  • Have no intention of buying loot passes for this or any other hero
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Added a pinch more of spice to the mix, just for fun! After being ascended for the second time, Veil of Voltage gives Honorbound allies a chance to shock on critical hits.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    Added a pinch more of spice to the mix, just for fun! After being ascended for the second time, Veil of Voltage gives Honorbound allies a chance to shock on critical hits.

Amazing how just that alone can open up tons of possibilities for teams
  • Ududu2 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Amazing how just that alone can open up tons of possibilities for teams

Amazing how no one wanting to buy a new hero can force many large updates! :D

HAHAHA TRUTH RIGHT THERE!

• Scroom407 wrote: »
    @PsychedelicFox I wouldn't say Balog is useless at all. His silence was nice but he still can silence on basic attacks, he boosts barbarian damage like crazy, and I cant tell you how many times his 3rd move has wiped my team.

bruh bull rush is OP. He finishes off my team most of the time with that move

• This hero is super buggy. So many things just aren’t working. Calm before the Storm is not boosting team damage at all and Ride the Lightning is not procing when lightning attacks are made.
  • Scroom407 wrote: »
    This hero is super buggy. So many things just aren’t working. Calm before the Storm is not boosting team damage at all and Ride the Lightning is not procing when lightning attacks are made.

This.

Was super excited for the attack buff, yet the ability is just a glorified silence now.
  • It's sad because If he was functioning I can think of like 3 teams that would outpace the one I'm running now, but without Ride the Lightning He is seriously Nerfed.
  • Why don't you guys take some tips from League of Legends or something for everyones benefit? A free to play model with reasonable prices where we can browse and spend 5-10 dollars on skins and champions instead of waiting for you guys to tell us when to spend our money. Give the players freedom and you'll make more money.
  • edited November 16
    So dungeon bugged. Hero bugged. Shop bugged. Um, what part of this event is not bugged? The cash purchases?
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• MonkeynutsMonkeynuts Member
    edited November 16
    So dungeon bugged. Hero bugged. Shop bugged. Um, what part of this event is not bugged? The cash purchases?

That’s bugged too. When I bought the loot pass, my receipt was for a “demon queen ella pack”

@joel are you guys even trying? Not a peep regarding this current mess.

Edit - I now see the peep, but still. If you need, I can refer you to a number of third party QA firms...
  • i4qj3jdrxk8d.gif
  • @bvs72 what is the clip from?

I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • @lythstihl - I think it was from King Kong.
  • I just unlocked Jin Lei and he looks to be a solid hero (to me Atleast,) But he’s a little 1 Star baby. I wish tokens were a reward in this event’s leaderboard.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble