Patch Notes: November 28th, 2018 (Rune Passive Update!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited November 29 in Patch Notes
Hey everyone!

We're rolling out an update that will improve passives (aka "fourth stats") on some existing runes and streamline the possible passives for crafted runes.

When it comes to crafted runes, there are now 35 possible passives, all with equal chances to appear on a rune (with the exception of runes that have preset passives like Incineration runes)
  • Burn, shock, poison, disease, chill skin and touch runes (10 possible passives)
  • Damage Penetration and Reduction for all five elements (Water, Nature, Fire, Dark, and Light) (10)
  • Damage Penetration and Reduction for all five classes (Caster, Warrior, Healer, Tank, and Rogue) (10)
  • Damage Penetration and Reduction in PVP and PVE (4)
  • Vampiric (1)

We have removed the chance to craft runes with Damage Penetration and Reduction for families (goblin, elf, dwarf, etc.) and abilities (armored, magical, flying, etc.). We believe the broader categories of element and class will make the runes more valuable in general and lessen the chances of crafting runes with passives that aren't considered useful in a given PVP meta.

We have also made the following changes to existing types of runes:
  • Vampiric runes now have a 100% chance to lifesteal a set percentage of the damage you deal.
  • Caster runes now copy buffs instead of stealing them.
  • Tank runes now provide 1 turn of Taunt and stack additional turns for each additional Tank rune equipped.
  • Skin and Touch passive phrasing has been changed. "Burning Skin" will now appear as "(X)% chance to Burn melee attackers" and "Burning Touch" will now appear as "(X)% chance to Burn on basic attacks". These changes apply to all skin/touch passives, and all chances stack additively. Any preexisting runes with skin/touch passives are being set to the maximum possible activation odds as part of this transition. Runes that are crafted with skin/touch passives after the transition will have a range of odds. Those odds are set when the passive first appears on the rune and does not increase if the rune is tuned or upgraded.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    NOTE: We have discovered an issue with the transition for the stats of runes that didn't set them to maximum. This will be fixed shortly.
  • Joel wrote: »
    NOTE: We have discovered an issue with the transition for the stats of runes that didn't set them to maximum. This will be fixed shortly.

Finally! An issue free, bug free update.
  • Sweet, this looks great ! Can’t wait to craft some new runes
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • I just crafted this. Did I misunderstand the update?

9bwv2wskvvwi.png
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited November 28
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I just crafted this. Did I misunderstand the update?
    Maybe I misread the initial post, but I think it's only family and "ability" specific fourth stats that have been given the boot; it sounds as though element and class specific fourth stats are intended. I'll be happy to be proven wrong though!

@Stinky is correct. These changes are for passives aka "fourth stats" on runes. Damage Penetration against Nature heroes is among the possible passives I listed above. I've clarified things in my initial post. If there's anything further I can clarify, let me know. :)
    The proper rune transition should now be in effect. :)
  • Swordking35Swordking35 Member
    edited November 29
    (This comment was removed by the poster because he is stupid and didn’t actually investigate further before he posted)
  • wagdogg wrote: »
    Now how about putting loot keys back in the shops or addressing why you guys decide to remove them

This isn’t the right thread by I agree! Is a 24 hour notice via in game mail too much to ask for? I have half a million tower points and in an end gamer, can you please explain to me what I can buy with them in the shop that’s even remotely useful for my account?

Thanks

• No problem with rune transition here. The other four runes had no forth stat. ☹️
  • I am so glad you listened to the players on summit. I’m sure these changes are the high priority ones they asked for. It is so nice to have a voice in the future of this game. I am also so glad sorting is coming out this week.
  • 4domtgy05tic.jpeg
  • talking to yourself is a bad sign...
  • wow tank runes are trash now, with so much purge why change them for the worse?
  • Tank and caster runes suck now and they're useless. Buffs get putged first turn anyway and now everyone is going to be silenced first turn. I lost to a garbage team just because it had a 1 star panda on it. What a god **** joke lol. This big noodle eating **** wipe just spits in Balog and Valkins face.
  • Tank and caster runes suck now and they're useless. Buffs get putged first turn anyway and now everyone is going to be silenced first turn. I lost to a garbage team just because it had a 1 star panda on it. What a god **** joke lol. This big noodle eating **** wipe just spits in Balog and Valkins face.

This is intended so everyone spends real money to upgrade the panda. Really as simple as that. Unbalanced new heroes so that everyone NEEDS to spend money to be competitive. If you don't have the latest overpowered/unbalanced new hero you can not complete. So working as intended. No need to complain. Enjoy your gaming experience.

This is intended so everyone spends real money to upgrade the panda. Really as simple as that. Unbalanced new heroes so that everyone NEEDS to spend money to be competitive. If you don't have the latest overpowered/unbalanced new hero you can not complete. So working as intended. No need to complain. Enjoy your gaming experience.

Absolutely agree -- you had to see this coming once pay to play "Event Loot Passes / Skins" starting showing up. Terrible.
  • I know what they're doing. I just like to be a complaining curmudgeon lol
  • gmungmun Member
    edited November 29
    @Joel I believe compensation should be sent to all players who just got their Caster runes nerfed. Copying a buff such as Taunt is actually a BAD think in most cases. Whereas removing aka purging that buff is a GOOD thing. I would have been ok with Caster runes being changed from steal to purge but changing to COPY put them all in the trash heap. I spent a large sum of gems on these and copying is not what I paid for.

*Or you could change them back. Once upon a time Caster Runes were a bit on the OP side but no longer. There was no longer a need for this change.
    Post edited by gmun on
    Gmun
  • Can someone help clarify this new rune crafting, feeling a bit dumb here. I've been crafting new runes, but am not picking up any of the new 4th star bonuses? Lol. What am I doing wrong here?
    gmun wrote: »
    @Joel I believe compensation should be sent to all players who just got their Caster runes nerfed. Copying a buff such as Taunt is actually a BAD think in most cases. Whereas removing aka purging that buff is a GOOD thing. I would have been ok with Caster runes being changed from steal to purge but changing to COPY put them all in the trash heap. I spent a large sum of gems on these and copying is not what I paid for.

*Or you could change them back. Once upon a time Caster Runes were a bit on the OP side but no longer. There was no longer a need for this change.

We are discussing potential reversions/changes/compensation. The exact solution, if any, may not be determined until next week, but I will follow up on this thread regarding the results of our conversations. I recommend against salvaging any caster runes, as we will not be able to restore them if you do.
  • How about compensation for haste runes or making them useful again. You don’t think I bought mine for the Igorok tokens. They are practically worthless now and it seems haste is very common from special moves and Epics.
  • @bvs72 why would you get compensation ? That’s like saying I want my money back for buying say goretusk tokens but now he isn’t useful so I should be compensated. The haste rune was useful for a long time so you got your monies worth
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • @hudson1520 - actually they waited shortly after I bought it to nerf it.
  • gmungmun Member
    edited November 30
    They did not change haste runes.
    Post edited by gmun on
    Gmun
  • Wow @gnum. And I was under the impression that hero sorting was the red herring. How did you get so smart?
  • OhtOht Member
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    @bvs72 why would you get compensation ? That’s like saying I want my money back for buying say goretusk tokens but now he isn’t useful so I should be compensated. The haste rune was useful for a long time so you got your monies worth

No, it's like saying "I bought a red sportscar becaue it's a red sportscar, and then the dealer came in the middle of the night and removed the tires, and then Hudson comes along and says "It's still as sports car why should you get any compensation."

Because there's no tires on it, Hudson. That's why.

*I'm referring to runes in general being nerfed, not the haste one specifically.

• @gmun, Haste runes, as initially released, made ANY hero fast. The individuals who dominated PvP at the time raised such a stink, and were of the category of guild/player that was paid attention to at the time, that they were "altered" within a few days of release to grant a "chance" at a second attack. Apparently, they got very upset at encountering a fast Brom. The same individuals screamed until Zen was nerfed, due to his former ability to make any hero go immediately after use of what is now his second ability. When the Boss 100 start losing matches to "scrubs", a stink gets raised and the "issue" is resolved. I anticipate a Jin Lei's nerf in the near future for the same reason.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• People complain because they can6 be a defense due to a hero or rune so it gets nerfed and then it's pretty much useless. I beat a ton of teams with Zen first and my defenses held up against cheap attackers with the zen-whatever 1 shot hero strategy. Same thing for caster runes those never made a huge impact on me and now those are useless too. Is BF ruining this game or are the players ruining the game?