Regarding Mail Expiration (UPDATED 12/4)

Comments

• Crown rewards expire on Mondays two days before the new PvP season starts. This means you can’t use the reward raid tickets for the beginning of the new season.

No doubt this was the reason for the change.
  • danacdanac Member
    @Joel

This isn't even a problem of a mixup in communications due to the changeover.

This is a *massive* change in a player's game management.
    it should have been communicated to players *before* implementing.

Imagine if you suddenly and without notice changed the tower so that it couldn't stack a day.
    Given players habits, you'd have a whole bunch of folks losing a tower [or more if you went a few weeks without informing them]

These are the sorts of things you *warn* players of not inform them after of.

If Bossfight is doing it on their own now, they have nobody else to blame for such poor marketing/customer/PR decisions.

• Nail in the coffin for me. Thanks for three years DB.
  • echonap wrote: »
    Nail in the coffin for me. Thanks for three years DB.
    It's sad but it's true and second nail are the vanished loot keys. They don't care about their players, just about their money.
  • kbcqxbx2h62u.png
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    Save us Joel, you’re our only hope..

Joel, Joel
    Joel, Joel
    The First Joel, the Angels did say
    Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay
    In fields where they lay keeping their sheep
    On a cold winter's night that was so deep

Joel, Joel, Joel, Joel
    Born is the King of Israel!
    Joel, Joel
    Joel, Joel
  • Changes will continue to be made until a sufficient number of old players exit the game. By spending and supporting after the heroic portal nerf, WE, the players, created this situation. By continuing to spend in the hopes that that will "come to their senses", WE encouraged this. You want BF to change? STOP SPENDING!!! Encourage your guildmates to do the same. Encourage people in game chat to stop. The only message they will hear is one sent by a revenue drop. That simple. The guilds and players that are continuing to participate in the pay to play events are encouraging BF to continue with their current path.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• OhtOht Member
    danac wrote: »

Imagine if you suddenly and without notice changed the tower so that it couldn't stack a day.

Hmmm. I feel like I should know what that means.

What does that mean?

• @Oht the way it is now if you start a tower but do not finish it before daily reset then the next day you can finish that tower and still have another one to do. Of course now that @danac has reminded them of that it will be changed immediately. Not “soon” but immediately!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    zart1b3nxc6r.jpeg
  • @Joel What happened with the double tower runs? We are not going to get even the meager compensation that was promised?
  • fgaspoz wrote: »
    @Joel What happened with the double tower runs? We are not going to get even the meager compensation that was promised?

More likely after 3pm CST when the update comes in.
  • I wouldn't notice anyway..I don't think of double tower runs as a gift.
  • OhtOht Member
    How is two tower runs a gift, compensation, or most any other label? Unless it's unlimited tower runs....
  • It's not only the awful poor "compensation", it's the change itself!

What will happen in future? Players who are going hard in events, guild games, pvp raids and those who collect eagerly their crowns to earn good rewards, players who play the game, who spend time and money on it! These players... boom! RL happens (broken phone, data provider issues, vacation, illness, exams, accidents, etc). In short they can't play for a week and they cannot claim their rewards. So what will happen? Yes, their hard earned rewards are going to be DELETED from their own mail box?! REALLY? WTF!

Is this right?

Think about that....

These players won't be amused. How will you compensate them, huh?
  • @Schnuppe Absolutely right.

Rewards need to be auto-accepted upon deletion. This needs to be a priority.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    Mongo wrote: »
    Re: ....props for Joel for the apology attempt.

Joel is just the messenger.
    Management screwed up then sent him out to inform us of their insulting idea of compensation.

That's what I was referring to. I was distinguishing the messenger from the message. I respect how difficult it must be to issue statements of this kind knowing how they would be received by the player base. Since I cannot know the personal views of the messenger, whatever extent they may differ from the policy statements just ads even more pressure to the job.

If I felt the messenger were responsible for some of these major policy decisions, I would come to a different conclusion.

@joel is just the "yes-man" for the company, if he leaves they'll find another dog to train
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey folks,

We hear you regarding the tower compensation. It is currently running, but we are in the process of discussing additional compensation options. I'll keep you all updated as decisions are made.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • BlothBloth Member
    Think it would be in your best interest to increase compensation a bit. Moral is VERY low & just getting lower
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    BF is back and we came to out rap you
    So get out my face before I smack you
    Ho don't you know? That we can’t fail
    If you mess with me I'll take your mail
    Well I'll take your mail right out the box
    And put it under my padlocks
    So when you see us together chillin' in the place
    Cold walkin' and sportin' I’m in your face
    Go ahead roll your eyes suck your teeth
    Keep huffin' and puffin' like a dog in heat
    You can call me a crook, a robber, a thief
    But I'll be your butcher if you got beef
    You know what's up - I ain't no poo-putt
    'Cause BF kick butts off dumb, young bucks like you
    And the rest of your crew
  • Wow, I am both surprised and not surprised that DB yet again screwed up.

Actually, they didn't screw up, they just straight up lie and deceive the players. They've used up any goodwill left 3 events ago and still expect folks to believe the "we're listening", "we can't fix this", "we're looking into it" bull$hit?

hahaha.....oh man.
  • Joel wrote: »
    Hey folks,

We hear you regarding the tower compensation. It is currently running, but we are in the process of discussing additional compensation options. I'll keep you all updated as decisions are made.

Why do you guys need to "hear" the community when you guys make bad decisions. It's obvious you and the developers know how unfair that compensation is, so really, you guys are just lying to the community when you play the "We hear you guys" card.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Why do you guys need to "hear" the community when you guys make bad decisions. It's obvious you and the developers know how unfair that compensation is, so really, you guys are just lying to the community when you play the "We hear you guys" card.
    d4zlwt50bh5u.gif

• id rather not comment since i always get sh*t on but cmon, you are all acting like kids. they messed up and are trying to fix their mistake. im not saying they did nothing wrong (because they did make a major mistake) , but they understand and are trying to backstep and patch up their mistakes. you are all adults, so act like one. and seriously, dont hate on joel because he did not make the change, all he did was report it.
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • hudson1520 wrote: »
    id rather not comment since i always get sh*t on but cmon, you are all acting like kids. they messed up and are trying to fix their mistake. im not saying they did nothing wrong (because they did make a major mistake) , but they understand and are trying to backstep and patch up their mistakes. you are all adults, so act like one. and seriously, dont hate on joel because he did not make the change, all he did was report it.

Stop giving them free passes. They have long exhausted any goodwill left.

• danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    BF is back and we came to out rap you

the muppet is a rocket scientist.
    he's supposed to be at NASA helping things land on Mars or launching satellites.

Instead you've reduced him to quoting lyrics on this forum.

LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE, DB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • danacdanac Member
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    id rather not comment since i always get sh*t on but cmon, you are all acting like kids. they messed up and are trying to fix their mistake. im not saying they did nothing wrong (because they did make a major mistake) , but they understand and are trying to backstep and patch up their mistakes. you are all adults, so act like one. and seriously, dont hate on joel because he did not make the change, all he did was report it.

a perfectly reasonable attitude.
    one most folks adopted the first major screwup.

oh, sorry, did I say first?

I mean first TWENTY.

• Can't the mails now have a count-down expiry date? i have two Turkey Feast awards - a one day 4 times tokens and a 14 day 'gem goblin' event. I haven't trigger the latter because we already have gem goblins. It was sent 6 days ago. so do they disappear at 9pm tonight (uk day roll-over time) or 9pm tomorrow night? Anyone sure?

This change isn't great anyway - as mail used to be our repository - but you need to change the ticker to state clearer when things will expire.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Can I buy a bigger mailbox with Aether? Please and thank you.