Since Joel claims transparency...

Where’s the unpleasant announcement regarding loot keys?

<crickets>
Tagged:

Comments

• The irony...because the meme wasn’t even made properly.
  • avp793g3no28.jpg

Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited December 1
    Monkeynuts wrote: »
    The irony...because the meme wasn’t even made properly.

Hey, it was my first formal meme ever.

But actually if it wasn't made properly I'll laugh along with you, as soon as I find out why its not properly done.

(My second choice was a graphic of Scotch(tm) Transparent Tape.)
  • sirtainly wrote: »

But actually if it wasn't made properly I'll laugh along with you, as soon as I find out why its not properly done.

Your and first are mispelled...
  • *raughs in rice ranguage*
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited December 3
    sirtainly wrote: »

Your and first are mispelled...

Oh I planned it that way all along. Yeah, that's the ticket - I planned it that way all along!

(My spelling is usually very good and I'm usually a good proofreader. I must have been extremely tired. I'm going to leave it as it is, it seems more appropriate somehow that way.)
  • Yet Keys were not fluctuating items, they were shop fixtures. It’s like removing the kitchen sink and claiming how impractical it is to tell us which canned goods you bought this week. Not a logical defense.
  • Kind of a lose lose situation for Joel here. He posts here, he gets blasted. He doesn’t post here, the blasting continues at a lesser intensity on several more posts.

However, he could have avoided this situation entirely if he just told us that the keys were being removed in the first place.

Also what do you mean the shops fluctuate constantly??? Are you referring to the event shops? As far as I know, the only things in the honor and pwn shops that change regularly are which heroes the tokens are for and the runes. Neither of which ever completely disappear from the shops.
  • Swordking35Swordking35 Member
    edited December 3
    On the topic of not giving us valuable information, @Joel ...

What did you guys do with the portal boosts and daily boosts?!?!

Is this not your idea of a change in game functionality??? Again with the advanced warning. Maybe get the communities feedback beforw you decide to do something stupid like this? I’m well aware that this could be a glitch, but with the way you guys have been acting lately I don’t think it is.
  • That’s your stance? Did you really think no one would care that loot keys were removed from every shop save real cash?

This is the opposite of transparency.

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The daily boosts had a blip at the turn of the month, there was not an intent to remove those, they have been reactivated. Portal boosts have not been discontinued, there just isn't one running today.

As for Loot Keys, it is obvious that my mentality on the separation of shop offers from more active game mechanics doesn't align with your expectations, so I will be adjusting that mentality in future patch notes.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Found in the Boss Fight break room...

97hkmtaukrdt.jpeg
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »

As for Loot Keys, it is obvious that my mentality on the separation of shop offers from more active game mechanics doesn't align with your expectations, so I will be adjusting that mentality in future patch notes.

It makes us think none of you play the game.

I mean, the multiple event errors suggest you don't play test the events, but those of us who play long term are aware generally of how people use and utilize resources.
    So we know many players stock[ed] resources in email, and that quicklooting was the preferred mo for high end players for day to day grinding, among other things.

If you *know* these things, then when you suddenly and arbitrarily change them, it doesn't make you look like you're trying to squeeze us for money-
    well, not *just* that-
    it makes you look completely clueless as to how your customer base is playing, or else that just just don't give a bleep in taking ten minutes out of your day to inform us.

*that's* why you're seeing so much anger.

because this sort of casual ignorance or disregard has been going on for years, and every time there's a major uproar over it, you apologize and promise it won't happen again.

• danac wrote: »

It makes us think none of you play the game.

I mean, the multiple event errors suggest you don't play test the events, but those of us who play long term are aware generally of how people use and utilize resources.
    So we know many players stock[ed] resources in email, and that quicklooting was the preferred mo for high end players for day to day grinding, among other things.

If you *know* these things, then when you suddenly and arbitrarily change them, it doesn't make you look like you're trying to squeeze us for money-
    well, not *just* that-
    it makes you look completely clueless as to how your customer base is playing, or else that just just don't give a bleep in taking ten minutes out of your day to inform us.

*that's* why you're seeing so much anger.

because this sort of casual ignorance or disregard has been going on for years, and every time there's a major uproar over it, you apologize and promise it won't happen again.

They can't openly admit they either screwed up or did something on purpose, so they play the "We didn't know" card and/or the victim card in hopes of the player base giving them another free pass.
  • "I did not make that decision, senator, it was the development committee's suggestion on how to proceed going forward, as approved by the board of directors"

• OhtOht Member
    For what it's worth, yes, Loot Key offers have been removed from various shops.

Bummer you're only telling us that because the entire community is throwing a fit about it. But 'hey, no big deal, we removed the mechanism that allows you to grind the events you play the game for. No biggie.'
    Loot Keys can still be readily obtained from summoning friend's heroes in campaign battles,

Lol wut? Readily available? I don't think that means what you think it means.

*Does Joel actually play DB? From the above assertion, I'm going with 'never has'.

• Buy loot keys, or grind manually. Your choice. You want change? STOP SPENDING.