Loot Keys.. Yes, or No? Break the Silence

I feel like this should have already been addressed, but it still has not, so..

Obviously there are players who are also curious, but are loot keys gone from the shops for good, or is this just a temporary thing? Personally, I can’t see how (removing) them from everywhere is a good move for the long term health of the game, but maybe I’m wrong. It would be nice to hear from someone ( @Joel ) what’s going on with this.
Tagged:

Comments

• It's not complicated.
    Removing them from where you can purchase daily allows you to stock pile over time with in game resources. Instead they plan to have them in the event shops during grindy events. This will encourage you to spend real money on loot key that you want, and apparently desperate to have, when demand is at its highest. all about extracting dollars from your wallet to their coffers.

If you don't like the direction that the game is going vote on the app store and with your credit card. (stop spending money)
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Offers are added and removed from shops on a pretty regular basis, so I honestly cannot make any projections on future shop offers once way or the other.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • They are gone from all shops now for good!

Can only get them by wasting your event tickets to purchase them during events and from daily friend hero use.
  • Constantly rotate items in and out of shops, varying prices, purchase times, etc.

- caters to impulsive wealthy people.
    - alienate planful, careful, or less wealthy people.

With a strategy like that the game will survive only on the generosity of whales. When they lose interest or get bored, all done.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited December 4
    It really is a bafflingly stupid decision. It will keep me from participating in events at all, even though I have plenty of other resources to use up, which is generally their goal. I’m not going to manually run The Vault for 8 hours a day every single event, even if I bought whatever boost is on sale. And I’m not going to buy stamina or gems for an event knowing I have no reasonable way to use large numbers of them without keys.

Having no access to keys makes it so I have less reason to ever spend money. You’d swear that they don’t even play their own game, they have so little understanding of how their player base utilizes resources.
    Post edited by Skip_Holmes on
  • WasiWasi Member
    At least a sporting heads up / one week to allow us to spend our 300,000 tower cups on loot keys and then cut them all off.. rather than without any warning.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Joel wrote: »
    Offers are added and removed from shops on a pretty regular basis, so I honestly cannot make any projections on future shop offers once way or the other.

Going to argumentative here:
    added and removed from shops on a regular basis??? The pwn shop has not changed in like a year, the only things that have changed there the random evos.
    Aether shop changes maybe 2 times per year.

This is just wrong. A change of this nature should be called out. This is just smarmy tactics. very underhanded change.

We get it but "don't piss down our backs and tell us it's raining" -The Outlaw Joseywales

• danacdanac Member
    It really is a bafflingly stupid decision. It will keep me from participating in events at all, even though I have plenty of other resources to use up, which is generally their goal. I’m not going to manually run The Vault for 8 hours a day every single event, even if I bought whatever boost is on sale. And I’m not going to buy stamina or gems for an event knowing I have no reasonable way to use large numbers of them without keys.

Having no access to keys makes it so I have less reason to ever spend money. You’d swear that they don’t even play their own game, they have so little understanding of how their player base utilizes resources.

they're gambling you're in the minority here.
    they just need enough impulse LK purchases to make it work, like the new skin/epic passes.

really, it's not hard to get 20-30 LK a day just through regular play, if you run your dungeons instead of ql them.
    Plus you can spam the gold portal.

idk if a couple hundred LK a week is enough for an event tho, I tend not to use them.
  • OhtOht Member
    edited December 5
    Joel wrote: »

Loot keys and their ilk have been permanent until now, and are not the kind of offers that you're referring to. Please, enough with the double speak.

This is more accurate: "We removed a permanent fixture with no warning. If you want loot keys, you're going to have to pay for them.'

Elsewhere you stated that loot keys were 'still readily available (from friends using your hero in manual dungeon runs)'. I literally laughed out loud when you made that claim. 'Readily available'? You can't be serious. Or you have never played the game.

• If you can't make any future predictions on shop offers, find someone who can. We do not want to play a game where everything that's said basically has a disclaimer of 'but we can change this whenever we feel like it'.
  • First time poster here but I’ve been a daily player since this game was originally released. With the removal of being able to buy keys my time playing this game has been cut by about 90%. I just log in to do daily quests for my guild and that’s about it right now.

I’ve stuck it out through all the changes over the years, some less popular than others, but at the end of the day I’ve enjoyed the game. Until now.

In the past I’ve bought gems with real cash to buy keys... so... if dungeon boss doesn’t want my money so be it.

On a related note not playing dungeon boss has freed up time to do other things. So I guess that’s cool.
  • Basically, we are moving toward a model where if a sufficient number of players are willing to spend real money for items, they will be less available or unavailable for in game currency. You want change? STOP SPENDING! STOP SPENDING! STOP SPENDING!
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• On behalf of BF, I would like to apologize. You can blame the situation on the VIP 10 players. They complained that VIP rewards were basically meaningless. Now the 20 free loot keys a day has some meaning. Keep spending and you too can become VIP 10.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    On behalf of BF, I would like to apologize. You can blame the situation on the VIP 10 players. They complained that VIP rewards were basically meaningless. Now the 20 free loot keys a day has some meaning. Keep spending and you too can become VIP 10.

Exactly. VIP is now pretty much JUST keys. Bigger friends list and daily keys, it's almost like you want new players to never have a good time. That's not the point of a game and that's not how you earn constant income. If you want to sit back with constant income, make something fun to play that will last years, and have payment be optional. People will pay for something they enjoy.