Wnterfest or Bust

How many loyal players plan on leaving if Winterfest is a Bust?

Wnterfest or Bust 49 votes

Ride or Die. In it for life
2%
icereaperpick 1 vote
I am gone if winterfest is a Bust
42%
echonapBlothphoxterAllasamalliaHagausiumaiDungeonRunner19Skip_Holmesli30kixsirolk99earlstonbohemianFoulixIgorokmain999CaptainbrailleTopKnightMonkeynutsCoth24fgaspozkmobtutorial_master 21 votes
I will stay but the wallet gets put away
42%
WasiseselznickgmunApocalyptuswolfstuffkpung07Darious81Ududu22DorksTVSocklessPhouka79CharonTexasSchorschMaxBeamerKnightofNeecrustysnailunknown_playerBiznizFoxdrakesDebuger 21 votes
I will stay to make sure BVS72 does not dominate the leaderboards
2%
bvs72 1 vote
What is Winterfest?
10%
MonkeyHunterAlecat97SinfulSaintStinkyBasherblast 5 votes

Comments

• I will stay but the wallet gets put away
    Eh I keep telling myself that I'll leave if winterfest sucks but I know deep down I've spent too much time in the game to just drop it especially when some of my favorite heros still have yet to get an update
  • Ride or Die. In it for life
    I don't spend anyways. Haven't and am not going to. It's the smartest way to play. It's still fun, just not as good rewards. Also since I've never spent i have no idea what it's like feeling the game is pay2play. I'll always play!!! Happy Winterfest! (Unless you're leaving it it's a bust. Then bye forever don't waste the rest of your life.)
    He was chill, never lost his cool, always won because frost bites.
    Actually, after the nightmare before winterfest issues and the 0 response from dungeon boss support my wallet is shut regardless.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited December 2018
    Looney Toons: World of Mayhem, my new DB replacement :)
    Line Chatroom (Open To All): https://line.me/R/ti/g/al7tusSpF9
  • sirolk99 wrote: »

I'm meaning to check that out, thanks for the reminder...

I've stopped spending here. I'm still running dailies, for now, probably not long.
  • edited December 2018
    I’ve grown to become some sort of historian. Well, I’ve grown a passion to help out the wiki for this game and explore and understand the assets of the game that is Dungeon Boss. (There’s quite a bunch of interesting stuff!)

So, I’ll be around.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    zqb5cd9hlg1n.png
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Line Chatroom (Open To All): https://line.me/R/ti/g/al7tusSpF9

I haven't decided if I'm staying or going but thanks for the advice on Looney Tunes. It's fun and straight forward and it just started so can get in on the ground floor. The campaign doesn't seem as cool as DB is more like a series of single battles but it's enjoyable. I think I hit level 7 already.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • I am gone if winterfest is a Bust
    Winterfest will be a complete bust if the extra 14 doors do not open at the end. This will be a hard slap to all players that grind for gold keys and wait for the second go round to use them. It will be pure disappointment and an end to my DB experience.
  • TopKnight wrote: »
    Winterfest will be a complete bust if the extra 14 doors do not open at the end. This will be a hard slap to all players that grind for gold keys and wait for the second go round to use them. It will be pure disappointment and an end to my DB experience.

You mean, grind for the ONE gold key that you can grind for.
    Yes and Grind to get 5k gems to get another Gold key. Thank you
    They’ve already stated that the doors will reopen the same way they always do.

That said, 5,000 gems is awful steep for a superior rune at this point. Unless it’s some kind of rare, unique rune (yellow festive), I don’t see getting that gold key as worthwhile. It doesn’t even include tokens for the new hero. We all get multiple superiors every week from pvp and normal “free” events, so why the heck would I spend 5,000 gems on one?
  • edited December 2018
    @Skip_Holmes, where was this stated on the forum or in game? Or was this stated in a restricted access chat that only the "cool kids" have access to? These are ALL the threads with official responses from 12 Dec to 22 Dec. Which one did I miss the OFFICIAL statement of this in? You know, the one that Bossfight can be ACTUALLY held to?

zwshsbl3hf7f.png
    v5z4tqlftb8k.png

After repeated abuses of my trust as a player and a customer, my faith in Bossfight is EXTREMELY low.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

Let us not forget that dev statements made in the "guild summit" may or may not come to pass. Guild tournament reset time, anyone?

They did the usual thing where they told a select few players via Line and then asked that they pass the info off to their guilds. Why they’ve started doing that instead of making a quick forum post that reaches more people is anybody’s guess.
  • edited December 2018
    From last year

pnva2unul9dh.png
    3obfhcirqxkw.png
    y8l23jqn3aq9.png

https://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/57498/happy-winterfest-extended-to-thursday-1-4#latest

So kind of like insider trading, then? A few select players get inside strategic information, then decide who will receive said information and when?

How just. How fair. Just wow. Thanks for confirming some of my suspicions, though.

As far as why? If it is done that way, favored players and guilds get a jump on planning, and if Bossfight changes their mind on how it works, there was nothing "official" (stated in game or on forum by a company representative) that a player can hold the company responsible for. Pretty slick, really. Plausible deniability rocks!

• I will stay to make sure BVS72 does not dominate the leaderboards
    I will buy my way into the Summit Chat as soon as BF finds the way to charge for admission. When that happens, I will gladly pass all information to the forum.
    Every guild gets three representatives in the Summit. If your guild leadership isn’t passing that info along to you, either you’re in a crappy guild, or you’re such an insufferable **** that they can’t stand communicating with you.

This in no way excuses them from not communicating in the official forums or in game, but stop making it sound like the summit is some exclusive club of seven illuminati and not literally open to every single guild in the game.

(You might be confusing the actual summit with the SCG, which is the overly modded exclusionary group.)
    @Monkeynuts, that is not fair dude. I can't decide whether to give you a lol or an agree. I'll make it a lol because they are rarer, but understand it is both. Kisses!

On another note, in relation to that statement, not every guild has representatives in said summit, and not every player in the game is in a guild, so it hardly seems to be the ideal location to post OFFICIAL information about game events. As I said, this creates the strategic equivalent of an insider trading type of situation. On the other hand, this is nothing new, so if you are ETHICALLY ok with this TECHNIQUE (you may refer to others of my posts on this issue), then I guess I should embrace the suck and drive on. More Kisses!

Ududu2 wrote: »
    Eh I keep telling myself that I'll leave if winterfest sucks but I know deep down I've spent too much time in the game to just drop it especially when some of my favorite heros still have yet to get an update

That makes two of us, I spent way too much time in the past with this and I ain’t giving up on the undead that easy, not to mention Pontifex Mortis has yet to get an epic, let alone an Ultimate Skin (dibs on an Ultimate Lich skin for Ponti.)
    Total Zomminionation.
    I am gone if winterfest is a bust. It is enough for me, this event is even worse than the the one before jerry, where nature heroes were featured. All doors are the same and the runes given in the "free" calendar are much worse than the one given by purchasing the pass. Also, you can't unlock the new hero zulkodd from the "free" calendar and behind all doors there are the same rewards everyday. Yesterday i commented to a post in which i said i still have a hope for the game, well no more. Compare the release of jin ley and agnon. When agnon was released, you could have get him to 5 stars without spending any money, but when jin ley was released, only with luck from the drops, you could have make him 2 stars. It is very dissapointing how the game regresssed from a free to play and enjoyable game to a pay to win and not player friendly game, with the devs not listening to the community and bad events (winterfest this year).
  • MonkeynutsMonkeynuts Member
    edited December 2018
    On another note, in relation to that statement, not every guild has representatives in said summit, and not every player in the game is in a guild, so it hardly seems to be the ideal location to post OFFICIAL information about game events. As I said, this creates the strategic equivalent of an insider trading type of situation. On the other hand, this is nothing new, so if you are ETHICALLY ok with this TECHNIQUE (you may refer to others of my posts on this issue), then I guess I should embrace the suck and drive on. More Kisses!

So what do you feed that high horse of yours anyhow? 1. I qualified my statement by saying they weren’t excused from using other communication channels. 2. Every guild is able to be represented there, if they choose not to, that’s on them.

Not everyone reads newspapers either...I guess anything published in them must be “insider information”. *eyeroll*
    @Monkeynuts, what I am hearing from you you here is " if you someone is too lazy or incompetent to do what is necessary to have access to this UNOFFICIAL channel of communication, they deserve to be out of the loop". Well that explains the hat, anyway. Should have known better considering the source. By the way, that last bit is known as the "reductio ad absurdem" logical fallacy. The first bit is the "ad hominem" fallacy. May even be a bit of the "no true Scotsman" fallacy, as well. If you tried, I'll bet you could manage a home run of logical fallacies in one post. Keep working on it, you'll get there.

Winterfest this year the worst door event I ever played, all silver door rewards are greatly nerfed and pretty much garbage, nothing worth buying in the shop, even the same title to last year's (they already fixed it maybe?), like previous events, the pass becomes must buy if u really want to get something good, but it's just the start, u have to spend extra money on gold keys, 28 normal doors + 14 special doors - 3 gold keys from the start and shop tickets/gem, need to buy 39 in total, correct me if my math is wrong.

Halloween and winterfest events are most iconic events in DB, both events of this year full of p2w and p2play, every mobile games are p2w, as long as I know my time and effort put into grind get paid, I would get goodies in return, I'm fine with p2w. P2play is another thing, buying the pass only grants u better payouts, in other words, boost for grind, in order to get top tier rewards, hours of grinding a day is still needed, while in my belief spending should enable u to get advantage such as less time of grinding, not this type of lame boost, it makes me feel money we spent are seriously devalued, furthermore, forgot since which event, probably Halloween, p2play happens in every event, making each event getting worse.

I've quitted my guild, will finish winterfest as my last DB event, then move on to another journey, only regret is I haven't achieved my personal db goals, but this is life I suppose, not everything according to ur plan. Following is list that recommended by other DB players, for anyone looking for other games to replace DB:
    Marvel strike force
    Idle hero
    Grand chase
    Epic 7
    Star wars galaxy of heroes (funny story, I stopped playing it bc of DB, no extra times for both games, poor descion now recall lol)
    You know Skalligrim I agree with a lot of your views, not all of them but a lot nonetheless; but then you have to go and throw in the comment about the hat. It’s just a hat dude, an article of clothing and why wouldn’t you want the country that you live in to be great. I guess you would rather be lead by a murdering criminal.
  • I've always felt that gaming communities I've played in tend to suffer from an "information imbalance" gap where only a few players are in on the latest or the best strategies...often because only they have easy access to that information.

I think its not unreasonable to expect important information be shared with all players in-game or in a forum, where anyone who wants to know can find it. I don't think its acceptable to have said information distributed to only a few for "redistribution", or so someone can claim "we told the population".

Its a holiday and this is not the place, but its an issue that I think is central to our society and survival/thriving..access to information by those who want to seek it out, and educating our children to want to seek it out.

I am -NOT- a big fan of "profit" or "win" based on depriving others of information then taking advantage of that deprivation. I find those who defend that point of view have either benefited from it or have been informed a certain way and not inclined to explore the issue further.

/soapbox off. Sorry for pontificating, its 5AM and I'm too tired to post coherently but this subject is really important to me.

Happy Holiday where appropriate.
    @Monkeynuts, what I am hearing from you you here is " if you someone is too lazy or incompetent to do what is necessary to have access to this UNOFFICIAL channel of communication, they deserve to be out of the loop". Well that explains the hat, anyway. Should have known better considering the source. By the way, that last bit is known as the "reductio ad absurdem" logical fallacy. The first bit is the "ad hominem" fallacy. May even be a bit of the "no true Scotsman" fallacy, as well. If you tried, I'll bet you could manage a home run of logical fallacies in one post. Keep working on it, you'll get there.

If that’s what you hear, you’re much too dense for your own good (ad hominem) because I’ve clearly stated they weren’t off the hook for not using official channels. Nice strawman, btw, because my real point, clearly understood by anyone smarter than a turnip was that info posted to a place where literally almost anyone COULD access it is obviously not “insider info”.

Perhaps the muppet can draw a picture for you.

I’d wish you a Merry Christmas, but really don’t want to have to take the time to explain what that means to you.
  • What is Winterfest?
    They’ve already stated that the doors will reopen the same way they always do.

That said, 5,000 gems is awful steep for a superior rune at this point. Unless it’s some kind of rare, unique rune (yellow festive), I don’t see getting that gold key as worthwhile. It doesn’t even include tokens for the new hero. We all get multiple superiors every week from pvp and normal “free” events, so why the heck would I spend 5,000 gems on one?
    @Skip_Holmes go grab your yellow festive.
  • edited December 2018
    From dungeon boss perspective: let's not make the community think we forgot about them
  • edited December 2018
    @MaxBeamer, honestly, although this may not be the place, being a vet, I couldn't vote for her, and being a proud union member, I couldn't vote for him, either. I went third party for the first time in 9 presidential elections. A plague on both their houses. Mattis in 2020!! (Please, oh, please)