PLEASE READ: Update Account Registration Changes and ***HERO FILTERING***

Comments

• Oh! Joel updated his post saying it was available today. I didn't understand the sudden rush to update. Lucky I read the thread - most people will miss that it was updated to be available today.

And if its going to be forced in a few days, I can only imagine the number of players in the user base who were not aware of the update, and who have not registered their account.

I did not see an announcement in game.

@Joel, I think an in-game banner or Bossmail or both about being sure user's accounts are registered before this update would greatly cut down on player panic and your staff workload after the update. I respectfully strongly recommend something be sent. If it already has been, please accept my apologies. I get so much "stuff" from so many different places.
  • aaaand it's dead
  • Joel wrote: »
    NekoAtsume wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    ***In general, if you have not already registered your account in some fashion, we highly recommend that you do so! You can register your account by tapping the button in the upper left corner of the town screen (the one that shows your level and username), going to the “Options” tab, and tapping the “Show Account” button.***

How does this register an account? This is how I sign out of an account. Is there another step to registering an account that you left out of these instructions?

That opens the account sign in/registration form. Tapping the button doesn't instantly register you, it gets you to the registration interface.

So, now that it is too late to do this, were you trying to simply say I needed to log out of my existing account and then go to the log in page and create a new account? This information is so unclear it is NOT helpful. I now have one new account for one of my existing accounts, but when I try to log in, it takes me to the RESTORE/REPLACE option and, rather than offering to restore my Level 80/ VIP 10 account, it offers to restore a Level ONE account. Seriously, WTF?1
  • Is there any reason this could not have been done earlier as Amazon players face possible problems in the middle of winterfest some of us are pretty loyal players
  • Hm, thread title says "Hero Sorting", yet the game only has "filtering". Two completely different things. I think I would have preferred actual sorting than filtering.
  • edited December 2018
    @joel, how many days is "a few"? Two? Ten? "Soon" (100+)? Kind of important to know so that I can let my GM know when to boot me, as there is yet to be any response to or recognition of this login issue.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• how the **** does it work for some players and others who update can't even login. can't you idiots get this **** right come on. there is no reason for me to not be able to play from an update. start testing this **** before you roll it out jesus. are certain people supposed to be stuck like this? I'm not reinstalling either if i have to uninstall this game then I'm just done because apparently there is no way to recover accounts as bf has screwed that up as well and my account process was never fixed either. i got my email verified and that's it. the idiots at customer service never answered my question and fixed my account so i have no way of logging back in. your game is in a ridiculous mess right now.
  • The responsiveness to this issue is underwhelming. So typical, DB. So effing typical.
  • Here's something... I made an account, downloaded the update from google play store and logged in with no issue whatsoever.

Some of these other posts are starting to sound more like user error and looking for a scapegoat in the game developers.
  • Afraid to update, think I'll wait a few days...
  • thank you for hero sorting that doesn’t allow you to put your heroes in the order you want.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    thank you for hero sorting that doesn’t allow you to put your heroes in the order you want.

q0tomy5933dv.jpeg
  • @Joel are you high, bro?
    Can you tell clearly, should I register some new account, or google account will be updated automatically?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Your Google account should prompt you to reauthorize after updating.

If you are having trouble accessing your account, customer support is actively working to help players get accounts back.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • You can now watch adds for five 400 Xp potions.
  • Even if you have plenty of the potions, you still have to watch the video. But you still can’t use them.
  • DevilJhonsDevilJhons Member
    edited December 2018

If you are having trouble accessing your account, customer support is actively working to help players get accounts back.

ok, thx a lot!

it's a bit not clear, because in description written:

1)register new account or there will be problems

2) do not register new acc.

maybe i missed some part, couse not native lang. Anyway, I updated, no promts, all ok... for now.
  • edited December 2018
    I still can't even access my account. Am I supposed to reinstall? All it does is stop loading halfway.

edit: Nevermind. F*uck this game and f*ck you BF. You are without a doubt THE WORST game app developer I have ever seen. You greedy, selfish, money grubbing pricks can take your game and shove it and I want this to be left here or this message passed on. I'm done with this bullsh*t.
  • You can now watch adds[sic] for five 400 Xp potions.
    @JonahDennis Please tell me this is a joke... I haven't updated yet.
  • You can now watch adds[sic] for five 400 Xp potions.
    @JonahDennis Please tell me this is a joke... I haven't updated yet.

No joke. Well, it is a joke, but it's part of the game now.

• RocksorRocksor Member
    edited December 2018
    Yup, guild member has screen shot for ad. Those in game ads are the reason why she came over to play DB from another game, so....
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited December 2018
    Dungeon Bo$$
  • edited December 2018

I am not having an "account access" issue. I am UNABLE TO LOAD THE GAME. The game has been completely uninstalled from my device and

*WILL*

*NOT*

*LOAD*.

Sorry for the excessive emphasis, but the message does not seem to be getting through. It has nothing to do with player accounts, it is about the game freezing on the load screen. @Joel.

• unknown_player I had the same issue--it stuck in the middle of loading--and support told me to do the following, which worked, but my game is completely reset. I'm waiting to hear something on that now...

From support:
    In some cases on Android devices, our account manager, if having issues with your account will try to set a backup ID that can get blocked if you have Ad blocking on.

Try going to SETTINGS
    Scroll down & Select " GOOGLE (google settings)"
    Select "Ads"
    Turn 'Opt out of Ads Personalization" to OFF
  • @joolzie, thanks issue solved!

@bossfight,
    5jbyvs4amv6v.jpeg

• Glad you're set! They said they restored my account, but now I can't connect to the server. :s I'm starting to think it's for the best if I can't play anymore.
  • First time I tried to log on after changing setting, I go a "cannot connect to the server" error. Force closed the app, tried again and everything worked fine. Could be a temporary local issue.

• Just took a look at new filtering feature. Four suggested changes:
    1. First filter button should CYCLE instead of opening a drop down menu. A simpler interface that matches the function of guild menu button.
    2. First filter button should group heroes by selected trait. It’s odd to select ‘Element’ without immediately grouping results.
    3. Remove Speed and Stars options.
    4. Add Power option which I assume is just the default screen.

As it is now, the filter is not very useful and takes too many clicks to get what you’re looking for. A good first step.
  • First time I tried to log on after changing setting, I go a "cannot connect to the server" error. Force closed the app, tried again and everything worked fine. Could be a temporary local issue.
    No such luck for me. Maybe CS will feel like answering tomorrow.
  • This filtering is modestly useful. What would really save me time and hassle is Saved Teams.
    Gmun