Gorgon Epics: All Gorgon Epics Now Available [Shop Pre-Release Only]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited January 28 in General Discussion
Note: Baleful Armor is currently only available in the shop, but will be available on Skull Island in the future!

Cobressa is the first Gorgon to get her Epic, and her sisters are very jealous.

Cobressa's Baleful Armor significantly increases her maximum health, and increases her attack, and defense as well. Her epic attack does 2x damage on the target and will put a whopping 8 stacks of venom on them!

Fun Fact: Slithering into full body armor can be really tricky.

Update:

Not wanting to be outdone by her sister, Viperia now has her Epic. Meanwhile, Zola seems like she's up to something...

Viperia's Reptile Robes significantly increase her defense, and increases her defense and maximum health as well. Her epic attack does 2x damage, adds 4 venom to the target, and then all of Viperia's reptile allies do a basic attack against the target.

Update 2:

After a long weekend in her workshop, Zola has finished her Epic!

Zola's Raiment of Sight significantly increases her attack, and increases her defense and maximum health as well. Her epic attack does 2x damage and stones the targeted enemy, plus Zola gains invincibility!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    Why don’t you want my money anymore?
  • Reptiles will never be good thanks to Shield-Piercing runes
  • Idiots -- what a joke this game has become.
  • WasiWasi Member
    edited January 23
    Does that mean Jin’s epic is now on boss island?
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Wasi wrote: »
    Does that mean Jin’s epic is now on boss island?

What have you been smoking? I want some.
  • WasiWasi Member
    I can’t afford weed anymore...
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Wasi wrote: »
    I can’t afford weed anymore...

I've been rationing my drinking and bathing water to sustain playing this game. If it wasn't winter, where I could grab some snow and purify it via. boiling and filtering, I don't know how I'd survive since I have to keep up with my monthly payment of 500$ in this game to stay relevant.

Honestly, for $99.99 why would I buy groceries for over a week when I can buy my red snake waifu a new pair of clothes ?
  • FFantasy wrote: »
    Signed back into the forum just to comment on this.

I have to ask, whomever is running the show / pushing these P2W packages on all the players.. how did you think this was going to go over? There’s only so much a community can take.. and AGAIN and AGAIN the ONLY way to get ahead is to spend $20 or $30, for what? Something that in the next month is going to be completely over shadowed by the next NEW shiny cash grab. I’m no longer an active player, but I hope others can see the trend here. This used to be a community game where players could contribute ideas and advice, maybe feel like they’re being heard and not just dumping money into the wallets of whomever clearly does (no longer) care about us (players.)

I'll reiterate this on every thread just to spread awareness.

Boss Fight and Big Fish adopted former EA employees into their respective companies at high ranking positions during Summer-Fall 2018.

Ever since then, following the trend of EA being a cesspool of feces and Pay-To-Play trash, the game has been Pay to Play (way past Pay To Win, though it still exists).

If you check @Joel 's comments, as in when he comments on posts, you will notice a HUGE decline in the amount of responses from him pre and post Summer 2018. Its also nice to see how he slowly disassociates himself from his own comments and sense of humanity, almost acting like a robot in his responses.

Additionally, it seems that the new EA overlords have the employee's heads under a guillotine, as neither our point of contact @xtmn8r during summit NOR @Joel will speak to us like rational human beings about our (and your) concerns, but rather are extremely dodgy and ignore us altogether. (I want to reiterate that is probably not Joel and xtmn8rs' faults, as they probably are forced to only tell us 1% of what is actually happening and telling more would be discharge from their jobs)

Welcome to the new EA Dungeon Boss!
  • HazZard1986HazZard1986 Member
    edited January 23
    Indeed, Joel is like a completely different person and doesn't reply to most queries anymore. It must be hard to advertise all this sh... stuff like this overpriced Cobressa epic and it's not even a good one.

Tbh this game is even more expensive than most EA games now. They doubled the price of almost everything like: 2 gold keys instead of one, lower drop rate, hero unlock, epic unlock, loot keys and event durations.

It's even cheaper to purchase a mobile console like the switch than playing this game. I mean it's about 400$ just to unlock, ascend and bring a hero to max epic.
  • @Fuggit I definitely understand where you are coming from and your theory in tangible.. but, it’d be somewhat foolish to chalk up joels dodgy behavior just to the fact that 1 past ea employee works there now. I’m not sure what position this former ea employee has at boss fight, but as you said he could be telling Joel what to say and how to act.

In addition, if you frequent the forum somewhat often you’ll know that no matter what Joel posts, he is always attacked. I’m sure all these attacks got to his head and now he might act distant in hopes that people realize Joel doesn’t make the changes people despise, but that it’s just his job to relay the messages.

Maybe I’m just too optimistic, but I’d like to hear what others have to say.
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • bvs72 wrote: »

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited January 24
    So typical..release it now for money during the "reptile" event to try to coerce people to spend.

I'll wait till its free, thanks.

And if it never becomes free, I will do without.

Just on principle. There are some behaviors I refuse to encourage. Overt emotional manipulation for financial gain is one of them.
  • So typical..release it now for money during the "reptile" event to try to coerce people to spend.

I'll wait till its free, thanks.

And if it never becomes free, I will do without.

Just on principle. There are some behaviors I refuse to encourage. Overt emotional manipulation for financial gain is one of them.

[by the way, first time i tried to post this I got an error "unknown column in field list". "Huh"?]
  • WasiWasi Member
    There is never justification to make personal attacks on @Joel or otherwise. Yes we are all frustrated but still, no excuse.

My only issue is that Joel shouldn’t use exclaimation marks in the headline posts.. comes across as patronizing as we all know (Joel included) that these events and deals lately are poor form :)
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Joel wrote: »
    Cobressa is the first Gorgon to get her Epic, and her sisters are very jealous.

Does this mean that all gorgons will get an epic during this event ? :open_mouth:
  • hudson1520 wrote: »
    @Fuggit I definitely understand where you are coming from and your theory in tangible.. but, it’d be somewhat foolish to chalk up joels dodgy behavior just to the fact that 1 past ea employee works there now. I’m not sure what position this former ea employee has at boss fight, but as you said he could be telling Joel what to say and how to act.

In addition, if you frequent the forum somewhat often you’ll know that no matter what Joel posts, he is always attacked. I’m sure all these attacks got to his head and now he might act distant in hopes that people realize Joel doesn’t make the changes people despise, but that it’s just his job to relay the messages.

Maybe I’m just too optimistic, but I’d like to hear what others have to say.

Allow me to expand on the EA shenanigans.

There are EA employees working at both Boss Fight and Big Fish.

Former Electronic Arts and Zynga executive Jeff Karp is joining Big Fish Games as managing director and president.
    https://www.geekwire.com/2018/big-fish-games-hires-former-ea-zynga-executive-jeff-karp-new-president/
    Sounds like he has executive decision making power.

“Mike has been a trusted voice for years, and we’ll lean on him to help accelerate Boss Fight’s transition from game maker and operator to developer and publisher of original properties beginning with Dungeon Boss,” said David Rippy, Boss Fight CEO
    https://bossfightentertainment.com/articles/boss-fight-adds-former-ea-svp-mobile-mike-verdu-advisory-board
    From game maker and operator -> to developer and publisher of original properties beginning with Dungeon Boss
    ^ This basically means they transitioned the game into a business model, and I'm sure you're familiar with the EAs'.

Just as a PS, I've been lurking on these forums for quit a while. I've watched the change in his responses almost turn on a dime once the Pay to Play model was enacted. While I agree part of it may be his own jurisdiction, aka hes fed up with people attacking him, its also his job to keep his head cool and respond to us as a community manager of sorts. Even when attacked in the past, he remained professional and answered concerns we had, as is one of the responsibilities of the job.

Its like keeping calm in retail when angry customers make unwarranted personal attacks on you, but you still have to try your best to solve the issue. If you want to keep the job, your skin needs to be THICK.

Its too much to assume that out of the blue BOTH our summit direct contacts (DB_SC and xtmn8r) and forum manager both have become robots that cannot answer any concerns or questions.

Of course if one of them would like to step up and prove me wrong, I would gladly accept some new information for deliberation. Until then, I'm hard pushed to believe this is all circumstantial and not true.
  • Out of ANYONE, why would you ever take anyone from EA?! If I made a game, number 1 rule would be no microtransactions (besides DLCs or cosmetic lootboxes) and no partnering with EA or their employees. (Activision by extension)

Having EA employees is just asking to screw over you community in hopes of making more money.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »

I still want your money
  • You can't just release an epic anymore? It's not even meta defining. This game isn' t even pay to play anymore its just pay to collect. And releasing a clone of an epic while hinting at another clone of it appearing? Seems lazy and that's sad with the uniqueness epics used to have.
  • MonkeynutsMonkeynuts Member
    edited January 25
    Maybe take one of the guys who seems to have no problem churning out for pay content (even if it is just copypasted from a different hero...lazy even by your standards) and have him answer some **** CS tickets? Still no word on mine from over a week ago. You know the one, where Joel said they’d take care of their mail fuckery...
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I think fuckery is a monkey word.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I think this thread is about more whale venom. Save the whales, they are Earth’s only hope.
  • xJokiexJokie Member
    edited January 26
    Finally , the reptiles are getting all an Epic ! I'm just a little disappointed that you have to pay so much to get it in advance ... it would have made more sense if it cost $ 5- $ 10 .. I'll wait, thank you!

@Joel, Can we please have more informations about the calendar event ? Like if we'll get another gold key for free next week,if the gold key in the shop at 40k tickets will reset too ect. ? Thank you in advance :open_mouth:
  • @Joel
    I missed an ingame information banner for viperia/cobressa's epic.
    Could that please be added as a general information?
  • ClaraR wrote: »
    @Joel

Viperia got an epic?
  • ClaraR wrote: »
    @Joel

Viperia got an epic?

"Gorgon Epics: Cobressa & Viperia's Epics Now Available [Updated With Viperia, Shop Pre-Release Only]"
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    I think this thread is about more whale venom. Save the whales, they are Earth’s only hope.

Sadly, I don't think Spock is coming back this time.