Upcoming Game Changes (Happening TODAY, 2/12)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited February 12 in Announcements
Discussion regarding these changes can happen here on the forum OR on our new Discord server! discord.gg/DungeonBoss

---
UPDATE: 2/12

Hey Everyone! We're so excited to announce that the new portal is going live today!

Due to the nature of these types of updates, you may get the change in 30 minutes, you may get the change in a few hours. It all depends on how quickly your app store updates.

Once everything is out and it looks good, we're gonna activate a super fun GEM PARTY event that will have some of the best offers we've ever had! The Gem Party Event will feature Loot Passes for gems, as well as a Zola, Zul'Kodd, and Jin Lei Boost in the new portal! As a reminder, any free VIP or Heroic Summons you have in your account will automatically be converted to Heroic and Great Summons when you update. The additional Heroic Summons will be sent out via Boss Mail once the gem party starts.

After you update, you will not see any of your friends or guildmates who haven't updated yet, but don't fret!! They will automatically reappear on your list as soon as they update, there is no need to resend any invites.

---

We're super excited to share some upcoming changes with the community. These changes bring new life to the portal and allows more access to all our awesome heroes!

With the way the game is currently, it's tough for new players to identify which heroes are strong. On top of that, a lot of heroes are missing from the portal making them harder than we want to unlock and power up. So, we're gonna fix it! Starting no sooner than Feb. 7, 2019 the following things will be true:
  • The Heroic portal includes all heroes new and old (except Aria, who will remain an Aether Shop exclusive hero).
  • Every time you get a new hero in the Heroic portal, it will automatically be a full unlock at 1 star.
  • The Heroic portal will ONLY include Heroes.
  • Heroes are now split into rarities. The rarities are (highest to lowest): Legendary / Gold / Silver / Bronze. In general, the higher the tier, the stronger the hero.
  • Hero rarity determines a hero's appearance rate and how many tokens you receive if you already own a hero.
    • Legendary - 10 Tokens - 4% chance
    • Gold - 15 tokens - 16% chance
    • Silver - 20 Tokens - 25% chance
    • Bronze - 20 tokens - 55% chance

To make all this possible we had to make quite a few changes to the game. Some of them you may like, some you may not. To be as transparent as possible, here are the upcoming changes in detail:

VIP and Honor portals
  • The VIP portal and the Honor portal are going away.
  • Existing VIP Summons will be converted to Heroic Summons at a rate of 1.25x.
  • Existing Honor Summons will be converted to Great Summons at a rate of 1x.

Hero ascensions
  • Ascensions will require a certain star level based on hero rarity. If you already have a hero ascended below the new star requirements, the ascensions will NOT be undone.
    • Legendary - 3 star / 5 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
    • Gold - 2 star / 4 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
    • Silver - 1 star / 3 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
    • Bronze - 1 star / 2 star for 1st and 2nd respectively

Rewards and shops (Tower of PWNage / Honor Shop)
  • My Dungeon daily reward will no longer includes gems.
  • Daily Quests will no longer reward gems.
  • Tower of PWNage gem payout is being adjusted.
  • The Honor shop and the PWN shop will no longer sell tokens.
    • These shops will have other changes as well.
    • Full changes are detailed below.

Campaign
  • Dungeons will still drop tokens, but you will no longer be able to refresh this drop for gems. Dungeon drops will still reset daily.
  • The specific hero tokens found in the dungeons will be changing.
    • Dungeons will not drop Legendary tokens.
    • Astrid, Goretusk, Hagrim, and Hansuke are also not in Dungeons.

VIP
  • Great Summons and Daily Rewards are no longer adjusted by VIP Rank.
  • Evos will no longer be in the Heroic Portal. Therefore, the celestial evo boost for VIP 10s is no longer applied.

In consideration of these changes, we are giving all our players 10x Heroic Summons. VIP Players receive even more!
  • VIP 1-4s will receive 25x Heroic Summons instead of 10.
  • VIP 5-9s will receive 50x Heroic Summons instead of 10.
  • VIP 10s will receive 100x(!) Heroic Summons instead of ten and will also receive 20 evo essence.

In anticipation of questions and feedback, we also are happy to announce that we are starting an official Dungeon Boss Discord server. The developers will be on the server, so you will be able to discuss the changes with real people working on them. To set the expectations clearly, please understand that although we will listen to all feedback given, we may not be able to directly respond to all feedback or make a requested change.

discord.gg/DungeonBoss
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    This post will detail the changes are making to the game.

Specific Hero Changes
    gsq2re3ppuxj.png
    y8cgppjkwmrr.png

New Daily Rewards
    • New players will get 1 Free Heroic Portal a day for 7 days.
    • After the initial 7 days, there will be a 7 day rotating reward
      • Day 1 - 20k gold
      • Day 2 - 20 Stamina
      • Day 3 - 5 evo larva
      • Day 4 - 10 Loot keys
      • Day 5 - 50k gold
      • Day 6 - 50 Stamina
      • Day 7 - 1 free heroic portal pull

New Tower of Pwnage

The goal of these changes is to focus the Tower on Hero progression. Doing your daily tower will grant you gems and ascension materials. The tower's length and difficulty have not been altered.

nuf45mmqd41g.png
    az7vpewv9wni.png

Aether Conversion Rates

rgxn3xmem1t9.png

Aether Shop Prices

0oul90uunccr.png

As new ultimate skins are created, they will arrive in the Aether shop on day one. Ember is now in the heroic portal!!!

New Honor Shop

The goal of these changes is to focus My Dungeon / PVP on Runes. You can use your honor to power up your hero with Runes.

2ahp55ond6cr.png

Honor payouts are not changing, but daily gem rewards have been removed.

New Great Portal

sy2dv6z9pfgy.png
    7exor1c0iyge.png
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • hudson1520hudson1520 Member
    edited February 1
    Seeing the sheer amount of changes that are being introduced make me happy, as they show you are not abandoning the game.

As you said, some changes are really good (new portal and ultimate skins for sale) and some are kinda crummy (less gems for free to play). Though, these changes appear to be for the best

I think it is vital that vip perks be re-evaluated now, as they are ever more lackluster with the removal of its exclusive portal.

Also I really like how the game has kinda been portioned off, with the tower being focused on hero progression and pvp being focused on runes.

Will we be seeing changes to heroes who are having their rarities shifted? Ponti remains legendary, but he is not the best.

Thank you for the transparency :)
    Level - 80
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • /popcorn&lawnchair B)
  • WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Hmmm...
  • Can you make the game better? Do you think selling less than 50 each of vipera and cobressa epics was a good business move while upsetting hundreds of loyal players in the process and ultimately leading to lowered Zola epic sales by not having easy access of her partners epics via dungeons?

You know among many other things that is.
  • So I guess no one looked at my Finishing Aria thread... LOL...

Unless that means I get a ton of heroic summons for Aether... I guess time will tell...
    Just another nerd in the herd!
  • Swordking35Swordking35 Member
    edited February 1
    This SUCKS. All you are doing is nerfing the gem payouts so people will have to spend more, and making it WAYY harder for new players to level up heroes. Please do not implement any of these decisions (with the exception of the skins in the aether shop). I thought you guys were going to get better thanks to the survey, but geez was I wrong.
  • The one thing I'm really mad about is removing the VIP Portal. VIP benefits have been diminishing over time, and this is just the icing on the cake.

You need to reevaluate and boost VIP rewards alongside this change.
  • graddersgradders Member
    edited February 1
    There’s a 4% chance of getting a legendary hero from the portal. And currently there’s 14 legendary, and I, like so many, only need Jin tokens. So a 7% chance of it being Jin. Which is 0.3% chance overall. 100 pulls for a 30% chance of 10 tokens! Even if you need Emperor Z too this only doubles your odds to 0.6%. So many players have everyone maxed except the latest drops, and therefore the portal remains, as it was, entirely useless.
  • On the other hand at least long term players aether will be useful: That's three ultimate skins I'll be buying...
  • @SinfulSaint they saw your thread. I guarantee you that they did, which is why Aria is the only hero not going to the portal.
  • pizza1530pizza1530 Member
    edited February 1

Yall honestly need to stop this update just dont you know what dont stop it i quit skuffy out i hate this game how yall gonna ask for a survey but not listen to it yall pathetic as ****
  • Ahahahahahahah.....you guys...
  • Its a total head scratcher... I keep losing the things I enjoy purchasing. Then, they make a change, and I find something new to buy. Then I lose it. Then another change... Then I lose it...

Guess I'll just sit tight before I jump on the band wagon. I sure wish Sir Juice was still around to tell me how to deal with this... Cause I'm stumped..
    Just another nerd in the herd!
  • Joel wrote: »

[*]Ascensions will require a certain star level based on hero rarity. If you already have a hero ascended below the new star requirements, the ascensions will NOT be undone.
    • Legendary - 3 star / 5 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
    • Gold - 2 star / 4 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
    • Silver - 1 star / 3 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
    • Bronze - 1 star / 2 star for 1st and 2nd respectively
    • My Dungeon daily reward will no longer includes gems.
    • Daily Quests will no longer reward gems.
    • The Honor shop and the PWN shop will no longer sell tokens.
    • Astrid, Goretusk, Hagrim, and Hansuke are also not in Dungeons.
    • Great Summons and Daily Rewards are no longer adjusted by VIP Rank.
    • Evos will no longer be in the Heroic Portal. Therefore, the celestial evo boost for VIP 10s is no longer applied.

Honor payouts are not changing, but daily gem rewards have been removed.

bad
    Joel wrote: »

As new ultimate skins are created, they will arrive in the Aether shop on day one. Ember is now in the heroic portal!!!

The goal of these changes is to focus My Dungeon / PVP on Runes. You can use your honor to power up your hero with Runes.

good
  • Wow, you removed the single favorite thing that I would still purchase if offered ($20 for 10K gems
    I think it was), and now you are making gems scarce.

- Removing gem bonuses = BAD MOVE
    (you tried this before and it didn't work then either)
    - Slapping VIP players in the face = bad move
    - focusing pvp for runes, OK if there is another way that those who aren't good at pvp, get bad matchmaking, or are forced to lose to do quests with weird teams can still get rune stuff easily.

All the rest, hard to say, need a degree in statistics, probability and detailed game user data to even figure it out.

Maybe this will finally let me free up the 1G on my device for something else.

Will try Age of Magic
    Lords of Mayhem reviews said P2W like DB so I hesitated, and Marvel Strike Force said squad tactics so I'll try that another day.

Lots of good choices out there where I can have fun f2p, feel like throwing a few modest bucks that won't kill my budget to enhance the fun.

I really think DB would benefit by moving to a monthly subscription model instead of the in-app purchase model.

(P.s. Does this mean those developers don't read what we write here? I dislike discord servers but I suppose I could sign up and copy the same stuff in both places. Dumb. Even the name "discord" implies something unfriendly. Dumb.)
  • I fail to see any improvement for me as a level 80 player/VIP player. I have the skins.
    Could anyone please point out the actual benefits, cause all I see is that we are getting less.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • mrdahl wrote: »
    I fail to see any improvement for me as a level 80 player/VIP player. I have the skins.
    Could anyone please point out the actual benefits, cause all I see is that we are getting less.

But the devs are getting more, and that’s what really matters...
  • You forgot to include Zola in the list!
  • TopKnight wrote: »
    No more gems in honor portal. Lame as....

Maybe it’s just me but removing the gems from the my dungeon daily reward seems way worse. You know the only currency that can’t be stolen in there.
  • gmungmun Member
    sirtainly wrote: »
    Will try Age of Magic
    Lords of Mayhem reviews said P2W like DB so I hesitated, and Marvel Strike Force said squad tactics so I'll try that another day.

Lots of good choices out there where I can have fun f2p, feel like throwing a few modest bucks that won't kill my budget to enhance the fun.

I really think DB would benefit by moving to a monthly subscription model instead of the in-app purchase model.

(P.s. Does this mean those developers don't read what we write here? I dislike discord servers but I suppose I could sign up and copy the same stuff in both places. Dumb. Even the name "discord" implies something unfriendly. Dumb.)

I have tried all 3 of those games. The Looney Toones game got old fast for me. Great easy to learn turn based game for kids IMO. Age of Magic has nice graphics and is a good game. There is no pvp to speak of, replays etc. And i kust didnt find the heroes very interesting. I am still playing strike force and like it. A good game.
    Gmun
  • xJokie wrote: »
    You forgot to include Zola in the list!

No they didn’t. They did that on purpose due to it being a new hero, just wait till the next character is released.

• AnûbisAnûbis Member
    edited February 2
    Does anyone know any good games that are like DB? Looks like my time is almost up on this game after 2 years of fun. They took away the 250 gems you could easily earn every day. Now if I want to craft a 3,500 gem rune it will take me at least a month to get the gems needed. You could of at least made it where we only got 200 gems daily. So unless you pay you can no longer earn gems.🤦‍♂️ Events are getting worse. Daily’s are getting worse. PvP is getting worse. All you have to do now is remove the 10 gems you get for first time completing a dungeon. Don’t forget to make hammers cost gems and gold have a max a limit of 25 million.

I don’t think any should craft runes. There’s a 1 in 2197 chance you can roll a fully max stat rune. And that doesn’t factor the crappy 4th stat you may end up with. If you stick around long enough to keep playing the game always go for the pvp shop runes. As for the gems, they’ve removed the gem rune options from event shops so no one really needs them anymore. They’re one of dbs many new worthless currencies. Just another example of how incapabale DB is at following some of the best practices of online gaming and the value of money to in game gem currency... you know the same gem currency almost all mobile games use.
  • Personally i dislike every thing in this update

Especially the removal of gems,for someone like myself who never spends money on a game having gems is nice. Recently ive been saving up my gems to get valkin when he comes in the portal(or so i thought) now i find out that i now will only have a 4% chance of getting him

The changes to pvp and gem restrictions where not only unwanted but the recent surveys showed that we wanted things like pets and new hero mechanics and now we figure out that your taking away everything that we like about the game

I would like you to do this,ask the community by taking another survey if they would like these changes, if we can get PROVEN results that it least 50% of people would enjoy these changes then i will go along with those changes without complaint. However if it is below 50% you would it least wait to release the update intell you can satisfy the majority