Upcoming Game Changes (Happening TODAY, 2/12)

Comments

• I will be patient and see what happens but I am tired of seeing lower level players who have spent a ton of money on runes beating players who have spent the time to level up their characters. A level 80 character should beat a level 75 player every day. Runes and epics should only allow lower level players a one or two level boost at most
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    edited February 3
    @Memyselfandi, I am one of those lower level(73 now) people that often beats higher level players and I have not spent any money. If you are frequently getting beat by lower leveled players there can be only one conclusion..................
  • I am a level 80 and a level 75 should have a tougher time trying to beat me then it is currently. Levels need a buff because a level 65 with 1,500 rune power on each hero could easily destroy a level 80 team with no runes. I should be able to destroy a team that consists of Jin Lei-Valkin-Dagrund-Therald if they are level 70-75 even if they have 6,000 rune power since my team has almost 6,000 rune power.
  • You guys are placing too much importance on level difference. Level difference became irrelevant the day that they introduced runes to the game. You all need to accept that because it’s not going to change. Also, maybe you are not as good at runing your heroes as you think you are. Look at a hero, figure out his/her strengths and try to enhance them, and when putting together a team try to rune them as a team.
  • danacdanac Member
    MaxBeamer wrote: »
    @Memyselfandi, I am one of those lower level(73 now) people that often beats higher level players and I have not spent any money. If you are frequently getting beat by lower leveled players there can be only one conclusion..................

the Deep State is real.
  • I still haven't seen any improvement for myself, as a player, in the listed updates?
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • I will get less gems. Honor will only be for runes, which is useless as it's not worth the price to craft runes. All VIP benefits goes down the drain
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    edited February 3
    Wow! @SinfulSaint you almost had it! I would blame the end gamers for a WHOLE lot of the **** that we have had to put up with over the past few years, but the EA execs get a lot of the blame too. There was a notable difference in the game as soon as they arrived on the scene and definitely not for the good.
    The sad part is that the devs actually did listen to the players at one point, but the problem was that they listened to those **** end gamers and when they realized that those suggestions and ideas were really stupid they stopped listening to all players.
  • @MaxBeamer In my defense i have never played an EA game. So i do not have experience with executives.

What I do know, is that I need the useless things that were complained about... and I know who I blame for thier loss. I cannot begin to fathom how people get so much. I pay if it's fun, and yet I have so little.

I cannot even have my aria in the portal so I can work on snake ladies...

oasj0mr5ej5n.jpg

I hear she is useless... yet everyone in talk to has her 6 starred. Believe it or not, she was in the portal for the mega nerd elite. I am VIP 7. I am a customer... but somehow am a second class purchaser. My money is not good enough. And it's all because I am not a part of a members only club.

I have no retirement plans. You won't get a dramatic exit from me. I wont attack a dev or joel. I just want what's fair. I do not want what the exclusive-coveted class of elite players that rub elbows with the devs want. Dont care about buttons or chats.

That is my main point. I'm not afraid to pay if it is fun. Not afraid to pay if its fair.
    Just another nerd in the herd!
  • The devs stopped listening when the abuse got to much.
    There's a way to make a point and the summit is not representative for 90% of the player base.
    Don't believe the big egos have any weight they don't the game is controlled by the sponsors. Nobody else.
    I get tired of all the complaints. Act on them.
    I do not spend any more.
    If your bitter Stop paying don't keep complaining and then open your wallet.
    So many say their quitting but never do,

Lots of big words but no action.
    I'm not saying the game is improving I'm playing f2p now but there's no need to waste time complaining everyday. Download your new games and move on.
  • You're going to remove the daily gems from my Dungeon. Will you increase the pvp gem rewards instead or is pvp going to be pay to play as well? @Joel

This fact is really important for me and I'll probably quit the game if pvp is pay to play as well. This game is going to be way too expensive to keep up with the good players and there're several other similar games in the Appstore, like Age of Magic, Marvel's Strike Force, Epic 7, Alliance, Lionheart or Idle Heroes.
  • I think what's funny is how people complain about the worth of certain items...

I have heard many say over time:
    *Aether is useless.
    *Gems are useless.
    *Gold is useless.
    *Portals are useless.
    *Keys in the tower are useless.
    *XP potions are useless.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Usually it's the people with the most of this stuff. Have you seen the screen shots on the LINE app from the in-game mega rich billionaires??? These are just end-gamers with nothing to do. These changes wont impact them. Usually thier comments arent representative of what the average player really needs or wants... Naturally all the things that are "useless" to them are the things that you and I enjoy and need.

So what happens when the trusted experts complain? Devs make a change that impact the player population. Or discontinue offering an item... The luxuries in game that we enjoy are gone because of expert opionions... the things you and I enjoy purchasing in the shop are gone because some egg head on LINE didnt understand how the average player makes a purchasing decision. This is why you also have super grindy events with little to no rewards. Because of summits and experts.

Maybe the experts need to shut up... or at a very minimum, maybe the experts need to start offering viable solutions that actually enhance the game.

Summit is split into two groups. The mega nerd elites and the enthusiasts. The end-game mega nerd elite get what they want like sorting buttons and discord. The devs give them more time, and more consideration... The enthusiasts get told "working as intended"...

We have forums: a sounding board for complaints that is only read by trouble makers and deviants. This is where your complaint starts and ends. It goes no further.

The elites have discord and a Direct line to the devs. Because they are "serious" and "highly concerned" with the state of the game and its inner workings.

Yell all you want here. It's not Joel or xterminator who are ruining the game. I wouldnt blame an EA games executive either. They are just pawns to the members of the ultra exclusive summit collaboration group. That group seems to always get what it wants while the average player is robbed blind. Why dont you complain to them? They seem to know how to get things fixed.

For simpletons like you and me: If you want to make an impact, spend only if it's fun. Talk with your wallet. This is how you truely send a message. Your business should be earned and not given.

When we complain about something useless, it's because we want it to be useful again. Not removed. Most of use payed for some of it or earned it over a long period of time and it sucks to have all of this once valuable resource have no use.
  • I’ve been playing for over 3 years and the upgrades don’t appeal to me at all. I’ll try the new system but it sounds like it’s time to focus on Neverwinter. Sorry guys. I’ve spent a lot of money on Epics and other goodies but it’s no longer cost effective for me
  • 235qe34s0vj4.jpeg

You said you'll focus on runes but it seems like they're no runes in the honor shop anymore?
  • BryanBryan Member
    VIP rewards do need to be addressed. None of them are in any way tailored to be valuable to high level / end game players. Yanking away the VIP Portal is strange, not replacing it is insulting and the fact that it was very rarely worthwhile to begin with is embarrassing.

VIPs are contributing stakeholders. Please take advantage of this upcoming time of change to put some fresh thought into us.

Perhaps tiering a new tier of level cap or epic caps based on VIP level?
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • 235qe34s0vj4.jpeg

You said you'll focus on runes but it seems like they're no runes in the honor shop anymore?

A great addition to this would be if you now used honor to tune and craft runes also, instead of gems
  • I liked buying evos with honor.
  • They are only doing everything they are because lower levels will have to pay for gems. Six starring hero’s is harder for low levels also. They are never gonna balance the game because then when a new balanced character came out no on would pay for their tokens. All the game is gonna become is pets that will be like a team epic. Example: Equip this pet to a flying hero and all flying allies get 20% increased dodge chance.
  • The portal update can be the right way for this ... more balance ... 😉
  • AxunAxun Member
    @Joel Still looking for an answer on this.
    Axun wrote: »
    So, in https://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/60789/hero-spotlight-zola, you said that you weren't retroactively adding star requirements for existing heroes:
    Joel wrote: »
    ... We mentioned that this was something that would be introduced with upcoming heroes during our last update. No older heroes are being given star requirements for ascensions retroactively.

But now, you're saying that you ARE adding star requirements for existing heroes.
    Joel wrote: »

Hero ascensions
    ... Ascensions will require a certain star level based on hero rarity. If you already have a hero ascended below the new star requirements, the ascensions will NOT be undone.

Which is it?

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The announcement made at that time was that hero star requirements was with regards to that specific update, not a statement that the requirements would never be changed in later updates, I apologize if my phrasing was unclear.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Bryan wrote: »
    VIP rewards do need to be addressed. None of them are in any way tailored to be valuable to high level / end game players. Yanking away the VIP Portal is strange, not replacing it is insulting and the fact that it was very rarely worthwhile to begin with is embarrassing.

VIPs are contributing stakeholders. Please take advantage of this upcoming time of change to put some fresh thought into us.

Perhaps tiering a new tier of level cap or epic caps based on VIP level?

I agree that VIP needs to be valued highly, but it should make the game more smooth/efficient to play, i.e. lower rune crafting costs, more mats looted, etc. Raising epics and levels for VIP levels is the exact definition of pay to win, and should be avoided
  • Joel wrote: »

VIP and Honor portals
    • The VIP portal and the Honor portal are going away.
    • Existing VIP Summons will be converted to Heroic Summons at a rate of 1.25x.
    • Existing Honor Summons will be converted to Great Summons at a rate of 1x.
  • **** lol you guys are just removing rewards complete from the game. What the hell is wrong with you, seriously? When is this community going to just desert the forum all at once and leave this game? Come play Path of Diablo. It's FREE, there are no bots, no toxic players, any glitches/bugs/exploits are fixed like immediately, hackers and botters and banned on the spot and everyone there is so cool and chill to play with. You all play this game because you like the concept of leveling and getting better stats for your heroes with runes and epics, come play PoD it's a much more rewarding grind. Drops are set as if there's always a full game of people so even if you prefer to play alone your hard work pays off.
  • **** lol you guys are just removing rewards complete from the game. What the hell is wrong with you, seriously? When is this community going to just desert the forum all at once and leave this game? Come play Path of Diablo. It's FREE, there are no bots, no toxic players, any glitches/bugs/exploits are fixed like immediately, hackers and botters and banned on the spot and everyone there is so cool and chill to play with. You all play this game because you like the concept of leveling and getting better stats for your heroes with runes and epics, come play PoD it's a much more rewarding grind. Drops are set as if there's always a full game of people so even if you prefer to play alone your hard work pays off.

I can find no Path of Diablo in the app stores
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited February 6
    I can find no Path of Diablo in the app stores

I just looked - It appears to be a game for PC (or MAC or Linux unofficially.) with online servers and some offline play.

But I'm toying with the idea of loading it on my desktop, playing it on my ipad using using remote desktop software so it would be in effect mobile for me.

Its free, but you apparently have to buy the game and expansion, for $20 total, the cost of a loot pass.

(I played Diablo II back in the day, I enjoyed it back then. It was a great dungeon crawler back then, looks like they enhanced skills quite a bit since...)

https://pathofdiablo.com/
  • I see no mention of Corrupted Hearts which are currently for sale in the aether shop. Will they be available in any form going forward?