Hero Reworks: Aria and Pontifex Mortis (Plus Arcane Family)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Aria Rework:
  • Aria is now part of the Assassin family.
  • Sand in the Eyes now attacks all enemies, and its cooldown has been reduced from 7 to 3.
  • Hurricane Flurry now has a chance to Paralyze instead of a chance to Daze, and it's cooldown has been reduced from 7 to 4.
  • Primed Twist now starts powered, and its cooldown has been reduced from 7 to 4.
  • Aria no longer has the Quick Starter, Speed of Light Team, or Inhuman Reflexes passive traits.
  • Aria now gets Martial Artist passive ability, which increases her Crit and Dodge chance.
  • Aria now gets the Assassin Troupe passive ability after being ascended once, which gives all Assassins on her team 15% ATK and DEF for each Assassin ally.
  • Aria now gets the Acrobatic Technique passive trait after being ascended twice, which lets Assassin allies take 25% reduced damage from melee attacks, and also makes enemies deal 25% reduced damage while they are provoked, paralyzed, or off-balance.
  • Aria now gets the Dramatic Entrance passive trait after being ascended twice, which makes all enemies start the dungeon Off-Balance.

Pontifex Mortis Rework:
  • Pontifex is now part of the Arcane family. Kobal the Pestilent, Selwyn the Enduring, Icebloom, and Ember Sanguine are also now Arcane heroes.
  • Pontifex's basic attack is now Necro Bolt, which is a ranged Dark attack that has a chance to disease.
  • Chaos storm is now a Ranged Dark attack and has a chance to apply frozen, burned, wounded, paralyzed, or diseased, and it's cooldown has been reduced from 7 to 4.
  • Grave Digger now buffs ATK and DEF, marks the target with a Grave Digger status, and its cooldown has been reduced from 5 to 4. When an enemy with Grave Digger is killed, all of their allies take damage. The status lasts for 3 turns.
  • Doom Bolt is now a shield-piercing ranged lightning attack that also removes corpses on a killing blow, and its cooldown has been reduced from 5 to 3.
  • Pontifex no longer gets the Soul Eater, Undead Fervor, Reincarnate, or Flesh Incarnate passive trait.
  • Pontifex now gets the Necromancer Supreme passive trait, which is similar to Reincarnate. It allows him to return as an ascension 1/2/3 skeleton caster after dying, and he resurrects after 4/3/2 turns. The numbers listed scale with his ascensions.
  • Pontifex now gets the Chaotic Energies passive trait after being ascended once, which gives all allies a random stat buff or heal when Pontifex dies.
  • Pontifex now gets Arcane Assault after being ascended twice, which gives Arcane allies 25% additional damage and +1 energy after killing an enemy.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Joel wrote: »
    [*] Pontifex no longer gets the Soul Eater, Undead Fervor, Reincarnate, or Flesh Incarnate passive trait.

[/list]

So he does not let allies attack when he attacks? Now he's just a self-res Therand or Julius.
  • Crispyywaffle is that you
  • Uh oh...
  • Gameboy13 wrote: »
    Crispyywaffle is that you

This is Crispyywaffle:
    https://forum.dungeonboss.com/profile/crispyywaffle

• DB_DillonDB_Dillon Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Joel wrote: »
    [*] Pontifex no longer gets the Soul Eater, Undead Fervor, Reincarnate, or Flesh Incarnate passive trait.

[/list]

So he does not let allies attack when he attacks? Now he's just a self-res Therand or Julius.

The only thing he's losing there is his bonus to undead allies stats and his heal on kill. Instead, he gets energy on kill now, and a damage bonus besides!

Don't worry, he's still inviting dead allies to attack with him and his Animate Dead Passive. :)
  • @Joel do these changes buff their stats? I think the reason that nobody used aria or ponti was because aria hits like a toy truck (barely anything) and ponti gets knocked over easier than an ironing board in a hurricane.
  • Let’s focus on fixing event and less on this.
  • Wouldn't happen to have changed ponti skeleton form to start "ready" like zomms epic zomminions have you? Skipping a full turn after transforming was probably ponti biggest weakness (that and his crippling low defense but hopefully that'll change when his epic gets unlocked)
  • Aria would be awesome if it wasn't for those short, handsy guys everywhere.
    I'm not convinced about Ponti. He needs improvement to his undead form and a protection from silence to meta worthy. Arcane family trait maybe? "Arcane immune", cleanse one debuff at the start of turn?
    His epic is really epic though.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • GUYS, DOES THE PVP MISSION WORK FOR YOU!?
  • Not for me!
  • BlothBloth Member
    edited February 22
    Please take your $19.99 epics and **** yourselves with it. Thank you ! =)
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited February 22
    Not for me!

You have to lose Day 1 PVP mission for the quest (and Daily PVP quest) to count. That's why you were sent 16 tickets in the mail.

The repeatable quests count when you win.
  • That means... that I can’t get aria..
  • That means... that I can’t get aria..

Sure you can, it'll just take some losing
    There once was a monster from the ice
    But here's a bit of advice
    Don't try to fight him, your fate will be quite grim
    You'd go from hero to human sacrifice
  • Does anyone know when ponti's epic is released for ftp players
  • Adverb007 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when ponti's epic is released for ftp players

You could pay money....

Otherwise probably never with how the game keeps "improving."
  • Adverb007 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when ponti's epic is released for ftp players

You could pay money....

Otherwise probably never with how the game keeps "improving."

Well, heck...
  • My overall opinion on this update... well... it's okay I guess.

Good: Reworks for two legendaries that desperately needed them, gems are now in the weekly guild rewards (though 200 gems per week seems pretty small)

Bad: I guess what remains from that one update?

There isn't much to say about it other than talking about the reworks of Aria and Ponti, so I'll just go that

Aria: Better. Thanks to these new changes, Aria has managed to revitalized a team that's been dead for a while now, even if they still can't compete with Valkin and Jin. Her new traits seem like a great buff for assassin teams, and her extra dodge chance compliments her counter passive very well. Not much else to say really.

Pontifex: Worse. IMO I think Ponti was better off with his previous traits. I can see what they were trying to go for with the whole arcane thing, but it really didn't go well. If I were them I would've kept him and the others as casters, gave out some new passives to the other caster heroes that require ponti to work, and change his undead ally 25% health passive, to a caster 25% health passive. Heck, Selwyn already had an energy passive when he was with ponti as a caster, why not just add some to other casters? Though now that I think of it, they might save that honor for either Lily or Shade,since they're both casters too, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense to just make a new, weak hero family for Ponti when he already had the legendary caster role going for him well before Lily and Shade were legendaries. If they want Ponti to be relevant in Pvp, then 1. Nerf Valkin and Jin, and 2. add more arcane heroes to the family, either by changing other casters to arcane, or by making totally new heroes for the arcane family.

Overall this update was alright, nothing bad came out this specific update, but Bossfight Entertainment still has several steps they need to take in order for the problems made by the previous updates to be either fixed or made tolerable.
    I'm just your friendly neighborhood degenerate
    6w44j9hgju42.png
  • I don’t see the use in complaining here anymore because the devs have never payed us any attention
  • And probably never will
  • Do Aria's and Pontifex' epics come with an epic passive like Bramle, Igorok, Valkin, and Jin have? You know Epic High Dwarven King -> 50% ATK+DEF to all dwarfs, and +25% DEF+ATK to all allies.

By the way, there a few bugs: a killing blow only Ponifex gets +1 energy, but none of his arcane allies. It's either bugged or the description is very misleading: "Pontifex now gets Arcane Assault after being ascended twice, which gives Arcane allies 25% additional damage and +1 energy after killing an enemy."

For me the Grave Digger debuff doesn't work neither and seems to be bugged. The debuff is applied but other enemies don't suffer damage when the target dies. No matter if one shotted or in next round killed.

What is the difference between an ascension 1, ascension 2, and ascension 3 skeleton caster?
  • The only thing that should be addressed is the fact that Pontifex’s Skeletal form is still freakin squishy, not to mention it doesn’t get the proper stat increases from runes, doesn’t get affected by other hero Passives such as lord of the undead, epic veil of voltage, etc. even champion of darkness from the event. Ponti’s Skeletal form needs major attention.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • I love how after I quit the game I come back some time later to find that DB (which claims they cannot use our ideas in their game for some legal bullsh1t) steals my long ago posted suggestions along with others for Pontifex. I really don't care but it's funny to me. Not only did they use our ideas for Pontifex, but Zomminions were also something posted here a long time ago and literally like a week or two later they update Zomm to have zomminions and long ago they came out with the "pvp game changer" Shade. So can I post another hero idea then quit again and come back in a few months to see it made into a real hero with DB's own ideas mixed in to make it not look like a stolen idea? I'm seriously asking because I have an idea for another insanely OP hero on level with the release of Shade if you're interested. I'm not trying to raise legal action lol I just want to ruin the game more with another Shade hero xD
  • I love how after I quit the game I come back some time later to find that DB (which claims they cannot use our ideas in their game for some legal bullsh1t) steals my long ago posted suggestions along with others for Pontifex. I really don't care but it's funny to me. Not only did they use our ideas for Pontifex, but Zomminions were also something posted here a long time ago and literally like a week or two later they update Zomm to have zomminions and long ago they came out with the "pvp game changer" Shade. So can I post another hero idea then quit again and come back in a few months to see it made into a real hero with DB's own ideas mixed in to make it not look like a stolen idea? I'm seriously asking because I have an idea for another insanely OP hero on level with the release of Shade if you're interested. I'm not trying to raise legal action lol I just want to ruin the game more with another Shade hero xD

If they did do this more, people would actually care about that section
  • Okay two things:

First: Ponti still sux.

Second: People who “quit” and then come back periodically to check in. Did they really quit, or are they just taking a break? If it’s the latter, then the break is over. Get busy!
  • I did take a break. I just came to see if the game is still on a downward spiral and if they ever reworked pontifex. This game is no fun anymore and I'm not playing in the background. Just curious to see what's happened so I don't need return after this. Have fun with your pointless grinding for **** rewards lol
  • I did take a break. I just came to see if the game is still on a downward spiral and if they ever reworked pontifex. This game is no fun anymore and I'm not playing in the background. Just curious to see what's happened so I don't need return after this. Have fun with your pointless grinding for **** rewards lol

I'm not the kind of player who has their hand on the heartbeat of the game..just doing dailies and occasional events without paying.

In my uninformed view, the game seems to have leveled off at a low altitude. So far.