Patch Notes: February 27th, 2019

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited February 27 in Patch Notes
  • Fixed issue with Aria's skin that was removing the Assassin tag and reducing her stats.
  • Fixed the Plaguemancer Mortis skin so it properly applies disease to Undead heroes.
  • Fixed Stylish Spelunking quest to count campaign dungeon completions.
  • Added detailed descriptions to Ultimate Skins in the Aether Shop.
  • Changed Dagrund's Cleansing Aura. It now cleanses one debuff from all allies at the end of a round instead of at the start of his turn.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• WasiWasi Member
    edited February 27
    Stylish Spelunking is not fixed...?

Still not getting credit for campaign dungeons 3 star with skin(s)

Getting credit for 3 star PvP wins with skin
    Post edited by Wasi on
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Diseased undead?! Really?
    And Agnon and Selwyn are still immune to it? Why?
  • Schnuppe wrote: »
    Diseased undead?! Really?
    And Agnon and Selwyn are still immune to it? Why?

Because of Ice block(Selwyn) and Granite Form (agnon).
    Total Zomminionation.
  • skatibianskatibian Member
    edited February 27
    Sigh
  • If the undead aren’t immune to disease I don’t see why Selwyn should be immune to it. Water and therefore ice can be diseased.
  • Yes, there are serveral 1 time auto debuffs like Malice' Sacrifice, Jin's Silence, Ferno's Atk- and now Aria's Off-balance, etc that ignore debuff immunity like Dark Shroud and even constructs debuff immunity.
    Hm, ok.
    Now Legendary Pontifex can disease undeads who are disease immune ...
    weird, but ok.

But why exactly is Agnon (living construct, immune to all debuffs) not immune to disease but in granite form he is?
  • As I keep repeating that N word is never a good idea. Keep complaining and they will nerf Agnon as well. These big brained ideas is what keeps us in this vicious cycle.
  • xJokiexJokie Member
    edited February 28
    I noticed in my team (Lily, Aria, Jin and Emily) that the heroes of light no longer follow the others light hero's attacks as they did yesterday and before. Is this normal? They lost the '' light buff '' that gave 5% att, 5% skill ect and I do not see this buff in any light hero's stats list anymore.. Am I crazy?
  • xJokie wrote: »
    I noticed in my team (Lily, Aria, Jin and Emily) that the heroes of light no longer follow the others light hero's attacks as they did yesterday and before. Is this normal? They lost the '' light buff '' that gave 5% att, 5% skill ect and I do not see this buff in any light hero's stats list anymore.. Am I crazy?

Champion of light is an event passive which was temporary.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • Schnuppe wrote: »
    Yes, there are serveral 1 time auto debuffs like Malice' Sacrifice, Jin's Silence, Ferno's Atk- and now Aria's Off-balance, etc that ignore debuff immunity like Dark Shroud and even constructs debuff immunity.
    Hm, ok.
    Now Legendary Pontifex can disease undeads who are disease immune ...
    weird, but ok.

But why exactly is Agnon (living construct, immune to all debuffs) not immune to disease but in granite form he is?

selwyn and agnon aren't immune- should be lilly too- they get diseased but converting into stone form clears it.

that's another issue, since the disease says can't be debuffed.
    but stone forms debuff pretty much everything.

• Joel wrote: »
    • Changed Dagrund's Cleansing Aura. It now cleanses one debuff from all allies at the end of a round instead of at the start of his turn.

this is something you should put on the event banner.
    or in an email blast in game.

you can't just change a critical gameplay element like that and expect folks to visit the forums to find out.

• Kind of an absolutely bullsh*t nerf to dagrund but whatever makes your new content absolutely necessary to have, right? I cant think of a single person that was asking for this. You can change his rarity from Gold to bronze now too. Are we to expect random nerfs to every remotely usable hero in the future too? SERIOUSLY discourages spending and investing in any hero in this game when you all pull stuff like this.
  • I don't see why they don't playtest events for a week beforehand. EVERY SINGLE UPDATE EVER has bugs and they fix it halfway, repay people by a much less valuable amount, and act like it's fine, never fixing the same errors for the next update.
  • @Joel

Your change to Dagrund is NOT working when attacking in PvP; he is not cleansing at all. Maybe it's due to a paralyze debuff being applied, but he should still trigger his cleanse.

I've lost PvP when my Hagrim, who was frozen, stays frozen at the end of the round ( no other debuff had been applied). ALso, my Valk was paralyzed (again, only debuff) and THAT wasn't removed either.

I can accept nerfs and changes, but for the sake of sanity, PLEASE MAKE SURE THESE BUGS ARE WORKED OUT BEFORE YOU RELEASE THEM. I've lost 2 streaks this season because I anticipate Dag cleansing at the end of the round and it does not.

I also echo what @Scroom407 said - making a meta-altering change and just posting it on the forums is complete BS. You snuck it in at the end of an announcement, no less. Dagrund is a critical anti-Panda meta hero that is crucial not only for offense, but defense. You just dropped this change with no announcement, no warning.

I keep going back to Supercell in these posts, because I play both Clash Royale AND Clash of Clans and have for years. They had community complaints about their balance changes, so ya know what? They announce them a week+ in advance now, so people can adjust their upgrades (Clash of Clans) and deck balance (Royale).

This game consistently makes unasked for changes in gameplay "We've adjusted gem payouts in the tower/ we've smoothed gold and honor payouts in PvP" unannounced. Stop shaking up the snowglobe and let the citizens know when the next GameQuake is about to hit.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Graniteform and Iceblock aren't creating immunities to disease, they are purging it. That said, we realize that the instantaneous application and removal of the status is not entirely clear and we are looking into ways to make it more obvious.

With regards to Dagrund, he only cleanses if he is able to act at that time, so paralysis/freeze will prevent cleansing from happening. We will be adding a clarification to the passive description.
  • Any word on why this big of a nerf was made seemingly at random. This went from an ability that would go off once, twice with haste, a turn, to something that maybe goes off after everyone has already gone and missed their chance to act. This would be a massive nerf even if Dag wasn't integral in the meta of undefeatable debuffs you all have introduced, so its strange that it went up with no warning at all.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The Dagrund change is with regards to the overarching feedback we've been getting about dwarves being overpowered. This is an initial, surgical change that we think will have a positive impact. We'll weigh the possibility of further changes to the team based on the impact this has.
  • SOSSOS Member
    edited February 28
    You seriously think that DAGRUND is the issue? Really? If any boarded surgeon operated like the DB team's "surgical" changes, they would have a list of malpractice claims a mile long.
  • 30 day gems fixes this... Just sayin'...

Just another nerd in the herd!
  • Joel wrote: »
    The Dagrund change is with regards to the overarching feedback we've been getting about dwarves being overpowered. This is an initial, surgical change that we think will have a positive impact. We'll weigh the possibility of further changes to the team based on the impact this has.

Do you play the game? That isn't a sarcastic comment. I genuinely want to know.

Dagrund is essential to Dwarf teams because you a) removed Valkin's debuff immunity and b) you introduced a hero into the game that auto silences at the beginning of a turn. You have to use Dagrund vs. Barbarians now instead of Emily, because hey, you removed HER silence immunity too.

Tons of debuffs expire at the end of turns anyways. Putting the debuff removal at the end is worthless. All this has done is make Panda defenses tougher, which is the real irritation among the player base. I say this as someone who uses the Panda AND Oak Lily on defense.

I know they're OP.

I had an 86% successful defense rate last season.

This is bonkers.

Also, this change isn't surgical, because it is not working for attacking PvP teams.
  • Also, why does Agnon's stone form render buffs from runes useless, but Lily/Selwyn can have taunt runes on them without issue?
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member
    @danac and @Joel, thanks for clarification that Graniteform and Iceblock are purging the disease.
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    Also, why does Agnon's stone form render buffs from runes useless, but Lily/Selwyn can have taunt runes on them without issue?
    When Agnon was released it was supposed that he could be buffed in granit form, but it didn't work. A few weeks later it was added/patched but the community (including me) disliked it because at that time Agnon was pretty op without buffs and Sifu for example could give him haste in granit form. Devs listened to us and reverted the change. Selwyn was not that op because he can only enter Iceblock form again if his epic is triggered. Long story short: We asked for it.

Then the devs introduced Lily's ultimate skin ... :D If I got it right from a video then Oak form can't be purged but it allows Lily to be buffed.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @Joveth is not happy with the Dagrund nerf.
  • Scroom407Scroom407 Member
    edited March 1
    I'm all for balancing the Meta, but Dagrund's role is that he allowed other characters to act. If you want to change the meta, change the characters that act. By nerfing his cleanse, all you did was drive the meta towards another single team option: Lin. If you want to nerf dwarf teams, nerf Valkin/Therand/Hagrim. Valkin should have his energy costs increased, and haste removed from all but maybe 1 move. Therand went from one of the weakest heroes to one of the most over powered, so maybe knock down his attack stat. An attack buff of 25+30+50% when on a team with Valkin is a little much and maybe all his abilities shouldnt start powered. Hagrim is fun as fast, but his moves that disolve armored and plant heroes should be reevaluated.

The worst hero to nerf was picked to weaken this team. When you patch out abilities that give other heroes the chance to shine you make the meta more boring and uniform than it ever would've been before. All you've done with this patch is made less teams viable to counter the already OP Jin, virtually giving him another massive buff.

Edit: All this does is make it important to have enough Health/Defense Runes on those that Dag used to cleanse in order to last until the next round, not really changing the main causes of this meta. When you eventually do make the nerfs necessary to remove dwarves from their place, Dag will be nerfed even more, making him a near useless hero. Dags cleanse was a unique, and good, ability that gave him a place in many teams outside of just a dwarf one. Taking that away makes him useful on only dwarf teams which will eventually get more nerfs and kill him as a hero, which is super depressing as he's a well designed and well balenced toon.
    Post edited by Scroom407 on
  • Heh. I'm so far from the meta it doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Like my old catfish used to say, "There's freedom at the bottom of the tank."