Given feedback regarding inflating rune inventories and game memory issues that can arise from them, we are implementing a limited rune auto-salvaging procedure with a patch later today.
It's a relatively simple system, and will make sure you always keep your best runes, and doesn't salvage every rune you have above the limit, so even if you've got a ton of runes right now, you don't need to worry about sifting through all of them before this takes effect.
- Runes will not be auto-salvaged/removed unless your rune inventory is above 220 runes (which is actually 20 above the normal limit where you stop receiving runes from dungeons).
- Runes equipped to heroes are not counted as in your inventory.
- Elite runes will NEVER be auto-salvaged. If you somehow have 2,000 elite runes, good for you. You might still want to salvage some of them, but we won't make you do it.
- Superior runes will not be auto-salvaged unless you have 220 runes + 5 runes times the number of heroes that can be obtained in the game at that time. This is to ensure that you can have a full inventory and unrune all of your heroes and still not have to worry about superior runes being auto-salvaged.
- If you have 221-231 runes in your inventory, the next time you open the game, runes will be auto-salvaged until you have 220 runes. The number of runes salvaged will take you to 220, but not below that number.
- If you have 232+ runes in your inventory, the next time you open the game, ten runes will be auto salvaged, and then up to ten runes will be removed from your inventory, but will not provide salvaging rewards. This procedure will be run every time you open the game, meaning that if you have 400 runes in your inventory, you will be brought down to 380 the first time you log into the game, 360 the next time, etc. until you get to 220 or no longer have runes that are allowed to be salvaged.
- When runes are auto-salvaged/removed, your lesser runes will be the first ones salvaged/removed, starting with the oldest lesser rune in your inventory. If you have no lesser runes in your inventory and are still over the limit, your improved runes will be salvaged/removed, starting with the oldest. If you have no lesser or improved runes in your inventory are are still over the limit, your greater runes will be salvaged/removed, starting with the oldest. If you have no lesser, improved, or greater runes in your inventory AND have more than 220+(5x number of obtainable heroes), superior runes will be removed/salvaged.
- When any given tier (lesser/improved/greater/etc.) of runes is being removed/salvaged, the first to go will be that of the lowest rarity (common/uncommon/rare/heroic/legendary). When there are only runes of the same tier and rarity, the runes of the lowest level are the first to go. When there are only runes of the same tier, rarity, and level, those with the lowest stars are the first to go. When there are only runes of the same tier, rarity, level, and stars, runes without passives (4th stats) are the first to go. If all of those factors are the same, the oldest rune will be the first to go. All passives are weighted equally.