[BUG] Archon Burning Berserk

HammerdinHammerdin Member
edited March 23 in Bugs & Technical Issues
Not sure how or why this bug gets triggered, but Archon casts Burning Berserk and will spin, fall through the floor and die. Below is a screenshot after “spin falling through the floor”. He does come back via Soul Tether, but unlike Cataclysmic Conflagration I’m pretty sure he is not supposed to KO himself from casting Burning Berserk. As a side effect, the screen also gets zoomed in on the location he falls through the floor forcing you to restart the app + continue battle in order to target heroes on the opposing team.

Along the same lines, Soul Tether is a great idea except that... it is very much like Pontifex’s resurrection: I have never witnessed either of the revived heroes surviving or making much of a difference in the outcome. Essentially, they are one shot kills unlike Zomm’s skeletons which, in comparison, are much more resilient being based on the heroes stats at death. Might want to reconsider whether it is even worth having this as a feature of the heroes?

jcd4dp8y38c6.png

xayxv98ml8ee.gif

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    clearly he's hiding.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @Hammerdin, do you have another, possibly slower video/gif of this happening? The gif you posted is too fast and we're not able to clearly see the other team and what status effects are in play. That information will help us track down what's going wrong here. At a glance, it seems like Archon might be taking damage as the attack is resolving (could be frostbite, reflect damage, end of round effects, etc.) and that's causing it to look like he's dying from his own attack.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    @Hammerdin, do you have another, possibly slower video/gif of this happening? The gif you posted is too fast and we're not able to clearly see the other team and what status effects are in play. That information will help us track down what's going wrong here. At a glance, it seems like Archon might be taking damage as the attack is resolving (could be frostbite, reflect damage, end of round effects, etc.) and that's causing it to look like he's dying from his own attack.

As a speed reader, I can fill the gap @Joel

Further analysis has revealed that the issue is primarily directed at lily, the enemy lily clearly has a “plant rune” which would have dealt Damage back to archon (considering archons first Ability being a Melee Ability.), causing him to die and evidently cause the camera bug we are seeing(Archon will continue to Damage the enemy even after dying from the redirected damage). Another related note, because archon is armored, the redirected damage was doubled by Lily’s Oxidized team Passive, effectively resulting in very lethal Damage numbers.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • Thats actually a really smart analysis, and it makes sense as well. A lot of weird bugs like that are caused by damage reflection happening during an attack, and killing the attacker before their attack even ended.
  • @Apocalyptus that sounds like it could be it. I never narrowed it down to Lily and Plant Runes and Oxidized Sap. The whole sequence happened really fast and basically the camera goes haywire so it just appears he spins and dies in the floor. I got a 6* Archon pretty early but haven’t used him since release because it happened so often ...