Igorok vs Julius

If you could only have 1, which would you choose and why?

Comments

• Igorok
  • julius.....He is still the only hero i refuse to attack
    In game: Gr8Gobbo, 64
    Champion: Mangle Jaw, level 64 (******)

RNG. It’s always RNG. It’s ALWAYS RNG. IT’S AL-WAYS R. N. G. RNGesus. RNGeezy. RNG-spot. RNGeepers creepers. RNGenie in a bottle. RN fricken’ G.
  • JjnJjn Member
    edited September 2015
    Gr8Gobbo wrote: »
    julius.....He is still the only hero i refuse to attack

try using rogues to kill him before he moves.
  • does nim 1 shot julius if their equal-ish stars/ascension?

I know Igorok can take a willow special and still walk away with 40-50% health remaining

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Well I have IGOROK so i'll vote him. Besides that it doesn't really matter to me.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• I'll vote Julius. He may not be as tanky as iggy but his aoe status + damage + team crit increase is wonderful. With his first ascension, he gains a massively massive damage single target attack that can eventually hit multiple times. His final ascension allows his to copy anything else allies do that turn.

Combine that with his passive damage boost when he's unharmed (+25%/35%), and the significant passive boosts he gives to beasts makes him the ultimate team player.

In comparison, igorok has better stats but is a bit more of a loner.
    IGN- EricM, Lv. 51, Ch. 19
    Goal for the week: 58,216/60,000 Roster Power
    Token collection: 5,057/15,400 <- as of 10/06
  • MrChaosMrChaos Member
    edited September 2015
    @EricM please explain jilius final ascension attack, how does it work? He uses special, buffs he's own crit and that's it, but when any allies attack on that round he auto attacks after them, so potentially 3 auto attacks?

@HaxusBloodbane Since you have Igorok maybe you can asnwer this for me. Once Igorok is ascended and gains Arctic Rush, when on defense will he use it or still just auto attack first round? If he does could be a good combo with Samurai Takumi. Also what is he's final ascension special?

I recently gained access to VIP potal but only have enough gems for like 6 attempts at it, and will not be buying more gems, so have to decide between going for julius or igorok, assuming 6 attempts is even enough to get either one unlocked.

Thnx for all feedback guys

• JjnJjn Member
    edited September 2015
    He will use auto attack when ascended once, if he is full ascended, he will use a skill that can add defense.
  • Btw, Julius is easy to get, most of us get Julius in our first attempt. I think if you don't have it, you will unlock Julius in the first vip summon.
  • Can anyone else confirm the above comment? I assumed its a random 25% chance for 1 of 4 heroes, but even then it's more likely to be just tokens and not a full unlock?

• No confirmation - mainly anecdotal stories. I've heard of people going 5-6 attempts without getting any julius/iggy. Personally though, one of the two VIP summons i ever did resulted in a full Julius unlock so idk... take that as you will.
  • mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Julius on my first vip summon....prefer Igorok atm....have little play time with Julius.
  • I got julius on try 4.

• Igorok is the only hero i keep constant on my team
    Sorry my IGOROK is still a baby.
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Baby IGOROK, why I find this particular funny... Humorous sometimes comes from nowhere. :D
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
    The Greatest Evo Farming Master
  • Baby Igorok omg
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Igorok, Nimrei's get over here takes out Julius with one blow (Always).
    j3ihGG.png
  • Nah - not always. I use bramble/tsume/julius. Nim one hits one of them, leaving the other two available to do quite well.
  • Jjn wrote: »
    Btw, Julius is easy to get, most of us get Julius in our first attempt. I think if you don't have it, you will unlock Julius in the first vip summon.
    Yup, that's my case. Got him on my 1st VIP summon.

TYRANNO992

• @HaxusBloodbane
    That.... Was awesome
  • Oh btw like the profile pic I made myself?
    Nice. Very colourful.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• MrChaosMrChaos Member
    edited October 2015
    Just ganna post an update on original subject - I went for Igorok first in VIP5 portal and got him fully unlocked on 2nd attempt :) .

• I got Ingus tokens on my first vip portal lol....
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• EosEos Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I got Ingus tokens on my first vip portal lol....

Oh... oh... Ok someone may have a personal vendetta out for you. I'm so sorry. Don't you almost have him 5*'d?
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    IGN: Dudum
    Champion: Dhaegon Stonecrusher 6* [60]
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
    When I'm fresh out of stamina sometimes I get a little snippy...Apologies.
  • No I haven't done that many portals lol. 3* and 65/100
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• Edson123676Edson123676 Member
    edited October 2015
    For PVP:
    Julius: Great defense.
    IGOROK: Great offense.

In grinding through dungeons I love to tote Julius around, unless there's fire heroes. Mostly I say that Julius's barrel toss is badass. Really each special he gets each Ascension is nice. I don't get Igorok's artic rush as he doesn't always freeze an opponent each time rendering the hit somewhat dull. I've yet to fully ascend Igorok, but both he and Julius are 5* and Julius is fully ascended.

Julius is only good on offensive when Lady Nim isn't there. She's like his nemesis. A 4* lady Nim kills poor Julius usually each time and that without fail he is her target if you bring him in PVP on offense. I am hardly attacked in PVP. Not often I get defeated. My team on defense is: Tsume 4*, Yoko 5*, Julius 5*, and Nitpik 5*.
    z8739qn4og6c.png