Upgrading Dungeon

I was wondering what you guys are focusing on in the my dungeon upgrade; generating more gold or protecting that gold, or maybe a little of both. I am doing a little of both…the "balanced" strategy if you wish. What about you guys? What strategy do you think is best?

Comments

• ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I went for protection all the way up to 60 first, then generation.

Just seemed logical to me to do that, but I can't really expand on that notion too much.
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • al4xal4x Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I completely maxed out my defense before i started producing more, My though process was why make more if more can just be stolen :P
  • People... don't max defence :(
    Think about it, if everyone maxed defence, then we would all get less gold from the production as well as less gold from raiding everyone else who does the same. But if we all max production, then we get tons of gold from our own production as well as greatly increased gold from raiding other people who do the same! It just means there's overall more gold to be had in PvP. Even if you lose more, you also get more.
    • Level: 61
    • I will be less active from now on, gotta study.
    • Torchy is and always will be the best healer in the game.
    • I am always lurking.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I prioritized Defense. I saved hammers until the end of the day and made any upgrades I could to defense. The leftover hammers were fed into gold production. This means I have a high defense rating with a low but still productive generation rating. The two even out around upgrade level 56.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• I max production, im on often enough I dont think that much is ever stolen
  • hereohereo Member
    edited August 2015
    I keep defence one level higher than gold or two levels higher
    In game level:41
    Shared hero:bovus el doro
    Favourite hero: bovus el doro.
    Chapter:16
  • BallBall Member
    I keep both even, upgrade defense first though
    rwgvva6ow25z.png