How do you play?

HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Do you raise an elite team of four to bash your way through the dungeons or do you train all your heroes equally and bash your way through dungeons?

I for one train all my heroes, I know everything about them! I don't think an Elite team is a bad way to play though, especially after losing in PVP the way I do.
Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
In game Level: 70
Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
I'm on Twitter regularly

Comments

• al4xal4x Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I play with an elite team consisting of about 8, leaves me with lots of xp bottles and cash and through talking to people like you haxus and looking at stats ive stayed away from the ones i dont think cut it
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I knew I had an important role! I guess I do kind of have information on twenty one fully upgraded level 37 heroes. I do find that a lot of people in chat are kind of annoying:
    "Ella sucks."
    "Did you upgrade her."
    "No."
    "THEN OF COURSE SHE'LL SUCK!"
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• My team consists of Stone Fist and Phenol as tanks, NubNub for heals, and Willow, Lady Nim and Rogar for damage. Pretty much the most unoriginal set of heroes you could find. Having 6 seems like a good number for me, but I'm sometimes a bit nature heavy for dungeons.
    • Level: 61
    • I will be less active from now on, gotta study.
    • Torchy is and always will be the best healer in the game.
    • I am always lurking.
    Still a good team though.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Yeah, i, like alex, upgrade only the heroes that i think ill enjoy and use often in dungeons or pvp.
    I curently have stonfist as tank, nubnub for heal, brom and igorok as heavy hitters, and nim/takumi to fill in for elemental advantage/stun/dodging enemies/daze. They are my only heroes that are maxed, and while slightly versatile, i wanted more options. I am currently training Shadowblade, Black Diamond, Yokozuna, and Emily for speed, daze, a second tank option, and a durable heal (and revive!). That brings me to 10 heroes ill have maxed out probably by the end of the week, and im contemplating bringing willow up there for extra speed, what do you guys think? Have i made any bad choices and do you have any suggestions. Stonefist, igorok, brom, and nubnub is main roster currently.
  • al4xal4x Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I use the exact same roster as you for most floors tyler... igorok, brom, nubnub, and stonefist... the others i keep levels are yokozuna for pvp defense only, willow for rushing, and then also nimriel and takumi for the same reasons you stated
    That sounds like a good solid team. I have trained everyone but Brom that you mentioned and have to admit that you clearly know what you're doing on defense. I will suggest that you train up Ekko, especially after what I ran into yesterday he is valuable in a dungeon filled with casters. That makes him immune to leech, All of Selwyn's attacks, and any other mage that can make you want to hit something. Just as a bonus option. But besides that I definitely think you have a good team in your hands.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Thanks for the suggestion! I would love to try it, Ekko seems cool, but i actually don't have him, never won him in the portal and havent seen him in adventure map...
  • He isn't until chapter 17
    Hero Level: 61
    Shared Hero: Bovus 60 (6*)
    Heroes Collected: All
    Current Goal: Upgrading hero abilities and evo hunting
    Ascensions needed: BD, Balog, Alexandros, Bramble(2), Ekko, Therand, Rocky, Yorek, Emily, Phenol, Executem, Zomm(2), Julius, Dhaegon, Augustus,Malice(2), icepick(2), Icebloom, Indigo.
    When I started I wanted a light hero so I tried the portal and got him... That was it, never gone into the portal again... Except for Igorok!
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• AlAl Member
    I level up all my heroes when I grind the lower levels, however I only use my favorites in the higher levels (so they end up progressing faster).
    Brom is level 49 (my highest)
    Yorek is only 14 (my lowest)
    I have 7 others in the 40s, and most of the rest are in between

At the moment, all my heroes are maxxed in terms of their skills for their level. If I add a level to yorek it will cost around 12K for his 2 skills. Brom would cost closer to 70K for his 3 skills.

I am wondering what happens when you fully "5 star" your hero (like Willow). DO you continue to get tokens when you re-grind those levels?
    None of mine are higher than 4.

Well the answer will come today! I need four more tokens to get a five star roger! I'll check that out and give you guys info. My guess is it'll be exactly like when you replay a dungeon you have the token for already.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Awesome! Congratulations Haxus!
    Well I still get tokens. if you haven't already heard there's a hidden star... Wow my roger is going to blow people's minds in PVP for a while!
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• AlAl Member
    I was also hoping that once you hit 5 star, it unlocked an additional ascension skill.
    Congrats.
    Al
    Thanks! :)
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Congrats on the 5 Star! I just started.
    I just wish I had the right sprites to get a fully ascended five star roger. 12/250 to six star already!
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• afroninjaafroninja Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Just so you know there are a few other people with 5star Rogar and Willow. ;)
    #TeamTater
    Recommended change: Give Tsume an afro!
    knjplof08e1h.png
  • ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    afroninja wrote: »
    Just so you know there are a few other people with 5star Rogar and Willow. ;)

You misread. He is the only known player with a five star Roger.

Probably something weird or a colloquial euphemism.
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
    Once I get six star the pool is smaller. But for now all my hard work and dedication is showing!
    I'm on Twitter regularly