What will the new Meta be?

I'm thinking it will be Silence instead of energy drain now. Balog could be king? Looks like Indigo and Torchy will be quite useful on offense as both are being given silencing abilities.

My Balog is still unascended waiting for 3 more crypt evos :'(

Agree or what heroes do you think will suddenly have a much bigger role?

Also, if silence becomes such a big factor in the new meta, I'm thinking new hero might be needed with some kind of silence immunity ability... could be a job for a new color of mushroom?
Gmun

Comments

• Pontifex. Chaos storm doing extra damage to tank/slow, doom bolt one-shooting almost anything, and if you kill him the turn order shifts, and his skeleton does extra damage.
    Zernium
  • Anyone notice Zurk does double damage towards casters? Just saying.
    ouldpa73a39.png

6* Hero Count: Squinch, Willow Swift, Black Diamond, Ignus the Mad, Chief NubNub, Therand Fiddlestrom, Pontifex Mortis, Dagrund Blacksmoke, Tsume, Mangle Jaw, King Yorick, Samurai Takumi
    Check out my Kill Quest chart here!
    See my guide to the Tower of Pwnage here!
  • @DungeonPro which means he does almost as much damage as a normal character on casters

I think it will be Therand. Armor hunter + caster tank killer? Or Kobal.

I'm going to run a bait time of BD and one of those two to see what happens.
  • Zernium wrote: »
    Pontifex. Chaos storm doing extra damage to tank/slow, doom bolt one-shooting almost anything, and if you kill him the turn order shifts, and his skeleton does extra damage.

Except for the turn order shift for people who are not aware of it, the skeleton is next to useless.

Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • lordbbbb wrote: »
    Zernium wrote: »
    Pontifex. Chaos storm doing extra damage to tank/slow, doom bolt one-shooting almost anything, and if you kill him the turn order shifts, and his skeleton does extra damage.

Except for the turn order shift for people who are not aware of it, the skeleton is next to useless.

I've been in a match where it came down to 2 of my heros vs the skeleton, and the skeleton won. Heh.

I think icepick will be doing well after change. He will no longer get one-shot and his frostbite and aegis are great for long drawn out games against a defense with all skills charged. Nubnubs will be all over I bet too.

I bet rogues will still get lots of use too.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I'm seeing a lot of mixed teams in the future, how it's intended, less of an emphasis on synergy and more on who works well with each other based on attack type, defensive capabilities, and most importantly healing.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• meowstaa_meowstaa_ Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    debuff meta is real now. bloom can be reliable at last.

hurray for julius :)
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Shared Hero: Ippy
  • Phenol will definitely be one to watch for, the meta of long drawn out games will favour him a lot, and his poison does good damage now as well.

Pignius benefits from the magical changes too since burns will do more damage now and his burns already did a lot of damage.
    Current Wishlist: Solaris.

Free agent.

Buff Takumi, Balog and Alexandros.
  • gmungmun Member
    So far my opinion is that offense just got a lot easier, and defense just got a LOT tougher. Having a high starred Indigo on defense might help a lot now, but I have a 3* unascended indigo so can't test.
    Gmun
  • PvP battles are getting longer, nubnub is gonna get more involved. Methinks gone are the days of one shotting a defender of equal level/star/ascension...
  • Agree, mystical has removed all slow and tanks from degensive positions whatsoever. Im Shocked how quick i kill teams considering 40% health was added.
    BD fanboi
    -Level to the Capped-